Lawyer in Hurghada - Orfi contract

Hi people ! I'm new here and pretty sure that question was already asked but i want to know, do you have any "legit" lawyers here in Hurghada which i can meet and sing this contract ? I already know i want to do this, just want to pick a lawyer by myself so i will be happier and not that stressed. Thanks for any advice and sorry about my english, wish that i could be a native speaker :p

paulinkakrk wrote:

Hi people ! I'm new here and pretty sure that question was already asked but i want to know, do you have any "legit" lawyers here in Hurghada which i can meet and sing this contract ? I already know i want to do this, just want to pick a lawyer by myself so i will be happier and not that stressed. Thanks for any advice and sorry about my english, wish that i could be a native speaker :p

Hi

No need to be stressed about signing an orfi.... if you have read posts on this forum you will understand that an orfi is not a legal document and cannot be  registered no matter what a lawyer will tell you (usually to get extra money) Only a civil marriage can be registered and that type of marriage is binding and requires a legal divorce.
It is an Islamic marriage contract (not binding) to make a relationship with a Muslim acceptable under their religious laws. It will also mean you can live together without an issue with the authorities.
With an orfi contract you can just walk away - it really only gives any children from the relationship their rights - but even that is questionable when it is between an Egyptian and foreigner.

You and your partner will each keep a copy of the document and it must be in both English and Arabic and must also be witnessed and signed by 2 males.

You really don't even need a lawyer but I will send you the details, via private message, of a lawyer that is trustworthy.

Best wishes with it all xx

Hi,

I am looking for a trustworthy and reasonably priced lawyer for another reason namely Property purchase in Hurghada to look over a contract.

But I have been having difficulty finding one and I'm running out of time as the developers want me to sign the contract.

Does the lawyer you're recommending to this member handle property purchases and if yes, can you also forward to me his/her details so that I can contact them.

Thanks & Best regards,

Sim SIm

Hi Simsim

Yes he does do property transactions. I will pm you his details

Regards
Jen

Thanks so much, Jen x

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : off topic

To my knowledge  an Orfi marriage is not legal in Egypt. Its just something they do so they will be able to have their boyfriends or girlfriends around in accordance to the laws here so  there wont be any problems . There is no need for a lawyer for that.

Not true about orfi unfortunately, they are still legally binding contracts (within Egypt) and can be a pain in the derrière if you don't have your own copy

Yes it is true.  Im not going to argue with you.

Good day

Its actually  fake marriage contact mostly done with  foreign women with egyptian men

Orfi is a temporary marriage in Egypt pretty much gets the guy out of any real responsibility  and it makes it easier for him to have his foreign girlfriend  with him with out having problems . In other words its a contact   so the  guy and girl can have a sexual relationship  for certain amount of time and when they decided they are done or what ever they can go their separate ways .  While keeping up appearances  that  it looks like they are married .  Because Egypt as you know its a muslim country. One thing that is not allowed is men and women together.  Normally some type of contact or proof  has to be shown  that they are married  even before renting  a flat . Its not legal but gets you by enough so there is no issues .  I know exactly what i am talking about  and have lived in Egypt long enough and seen it.

To cut things short Orfi marriage is a fake marriage, it's neither approved nor legalised, so if I really love someone and decided to marry her then it should be a proper official and respectful marriage or else we better stay casual friends and have fun on private bases.
Sorry if my opinion is tough but usually honesty hurts and can hardly be accepted.
Good Luck

that has already been said.  so hopefully they will take the advise

@Gu
estPoster602
Hello, could you please send me details for orfi in hurghada, and also the price
Thanks in advance