Marriage age difference

Marriage in Egypt.. Wondering about the age difference rule.  And under what circumstances are there that determine approval. We have a large age difference and I don't want to go in blindly and be disappointed. Thank you for any help

There are no rules. People will criticise you any way.

I'm the older woman than him . For marraige I read of no approval in the ministry for more than 25 years difference. But I've seen that some have married. Thank you

Hi

If you are marrying under an unregistered Islamic Marriage contract then there is no problem with any age difference.

If however, you are marrying in a legal civil service then you need approval from the Office of Minister of Justice if the age difference is more than 25 years.

Here is a Facebook link with all the relevant legal information. It is from a post in 2015 but I doubt if anything but the fees have changed.

Note the requirements from your own Embassy as well must be adhered to.

https://www.facebook.com/90050175998614 … 704894052/

Good luck!

I should also add that I would advise you to proceed with extreme caution in a legal marriage.
I am sure you have read about the numbers of foreign woman being 'conned and cheated' by younger men and once you are legally married your situation is very constrained.
Divorce is a minefield so please do your homework and get as much information as you can before you marry.

There is a Facebook group called Expat Women in Cairo and it is a wonderful resource for getting information and practical help. It is a closed group. Many of the women have been married and living in Egypt for many years and have a fast amount of experience in the good and bad elements of married life in Egypt.

I will post a link for that group for you

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1414611118750597/:)

What is the unregistered Islamic marraige... who does that and what's the procedure and why lol sorry I haven't read anything of it. Yes I'm aware of the controversial young man with older women topic. I can see many couples together that way. But I also know if I was a man in living in Egypt with low prospects of ever following the dream of a “better” life I would try to find a way out also. I blame the economics and unrest poverty and thin hope of making a better life. We are close in all things for so long and support eachother... and he wishes to try to leave anywhere out to help us and family as the struggles there are real. It's unfortunate for some to be born in a place where they can see other parts of the world life looks so much easier. Even hardship in leaving Egypt will be so painful. But better than getting on boats and drowning or involved in drug selling etc. Thank you so much for your help and I for one can not judge these young men's motives.
BC

The Islamic marriage contract is also known as an Orfi. It enables you to live as husband and wife in Egypt. You can register it if you want to protect your rights or that of any children born within the marriage. I am sure your partner will know about this document.
Some people just use a generic Orfi document for a holiday romance situation but as in my case we had a lawyer draw up a contract specifically to our requirements. My husband also paid a dowry and we had a ceremony and witnesses etc. The contract must be, by law, in both Arabic and English when an Egyptian marries a foreigner.
Under Australian law he is my de facto husband and has the same rights as a legal civil marriage. Our de facto relationship enabled him to get a spousal visa to come to Australia.
I do not know if you have a similar visa system in your country.

I agree with all you say about the younger men seeking a better life. There are many genuine guys out there and unfortunately a few bad ones that give the rest a bad name. Love is love and who cares about ages!

I am older than my husband and it has never been an issue for us or our families, but some people like to look badly on that - as usual if it is a older man younger woman nobody says anything!

As I said before - do lots of research and also look at some of the forums on this site.

Feel free to pm me if you would like further information

:)

i believe marriage is about love and care, not age