Overseas end of life vehicles Marocco - authorised wrecking yards

Hi, my family and I are travelling down from Sweden to Marocco in a cheap car this summer. I am not sure the car will make it all the way back up again. If the car happened to break down in Marocco - are there legitimate/authorised car wreckers around? Apparently Sweden requires a certificate from the car yard that the car has been demolished before it can be de-registered - is that possible to get? And, I understand cars brought in to Marocco but not out, require an import fee. Would that be applicable if the car had been demolished - or would it suffice to show the certificate as you exit the country? Would be really grateful for any information about this!

Kind regards/Michelle

I will save you tons of time and effort mate just simply not possible to leave car in morocco in any condition must exit unless under 5 years and pay duties. thanks

Cars can only be imported into morocco if they are less than 3 years old. But you will have to pay the full amount of duty for import as if the car was brand new, even if you paid 100dh for it. Cars older than this are unable to be registered in Morocco.

If you are bringing in an old vehicle that you think it will die in Morocco, don't do it. The vehicle will be registered on your passport. So as you leave the country, customs will question you where the vehicle is, and can even request to see the vehicle. Ie, see it parked at the airport.

You don't want to even know about the fines and charges that they can apply to 'you' as a person, and as such if you do leave, without taking the vehicle out of the country, should you ever return, you will be held at customs and forced to pay the necessary fines there and then, and it will be up to their discretion if they allow you in the country after all this.

It's not worth it in short...

Phil