Driving from UK to Morocco

Hi All! Hope everyone is well!

Just a quick few questions regarding driving to Morocco:

1) Has anyone on this site driven from the north of England (or anywhere in England) to Morocco and how long did it take?

2) What additional insurance do you require and what was the cost?

2B) Any other documentation required?

3) Did you have any issues with the police there?

4) General details would be very much appreciated!

Thanks, 

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Please do not promote your company on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

We are in walsall and we sell left hand drive cars you can google us

Thanks for the reply Jay, not really looking for a left hand drive car, just info on driving my own car there.

@aviator1 hi i have driven here many times  if youdrive from calais down you can do it in 2/3 days from bilbao/santander in one day to algeciras  normal documents required for European travel and you buy your insurance in tangier on arrival  most uk companies do not cover Morocco but if anyone knows otherwise i woud be grateful   

Im not looking to sell a car  we offer advise for driving in europe and morocco 

on the port in tangier the insurance can ve a littke expensive 

try google

matu assurance  they are in the city tangier and their prices are a lot better 

Also as  long as though you stick to the speed limits and always wear a belt and don't use your phone while driving you will have no issues driving

Also, when you crossover with your car from either the port, one being Tangier , buy a  return ticket as there valid for any date return within six months

Thank you both for your help!!

Just a follow on, what sort of cost am I looking at for insurance? Is there a site I can go on to get a quote?