Marrakesh Airport Taxi

Hi All,

Me and my wife will be flying into Marrakesh airport. We will need to get a taxi from the airport to the train station. Can anyone recommend any taxi services? Or, can I just get a taxi outside the arrivals. On the Marrakesh airport website, it advises that you shouldn't use certain taxis as they are operated by organised gangs (little worried by this) Has anyone taken a taxi from RAK?

Thanks!!

Organised gangs lol

If you walk out of the airport to the main road, cross over you will save about 200 dirham.

In the airport they can charge anywhere from 200 to 400 dirham for their service.

If you walk out to the street, make sure the taxi has his meter on and just ask for the train station. It would cost about 25 to 35 dirham as the train station is about 13 minutes from the airport.

If you have more than 3 passengers you can't take a normal 5 door sedan taxi. Even though it has 5 seats minus 1 for the driver, legally they can only have 3 passengers and 1 infant under 2 who sits on a lap.

Thank you for your reply! I thought it was a little strange that they would write that about the organised gangs. It's probably to scare people into using official airport linked transport. It'll just be the two of us so we should be fine with a petit taxi. Is there a taxi stand there or just the usual cars driving past that need hailing?

Just returned from what was an amazing Summer in Morocco!

Just to update users and hopefully be helpful to others.

Just outside the arrivals exit, they have setup an official taxi stand. it's very professional. They charged me (TWO TRAVELLERS) 80 MAD to take us from the airport to the Marrakesh train station which is about 7km away (20 minute drive).