New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

hi guys,

any new update about WP from anyone?

Hi,
Since longer waiting time involving in getting WP, Can I take business VISA for 3-4 weeks and travel to belgium and come back after getting WP and get VISA stamped and travel later

Is it possible to apply business visa while processing the WP?

Because my client is little concern about project timings/deadlines.

The best thing I would suggest you to do are the following:

1. The client ( yr prospective employer) can request the immigration department to speed up the process
2. You or yr employer can call or mail the embassy and check if what you have told is a possibility.

Although I don't think you can get a business visa if yr work permit is already under process. You may confirm this with the embassy as well.

Hello friends,

Can I ask, is there any other forum, site or Facebook pages or etc. to follow people who are waiting their single permit ?

Because if there are so many application in ministry, I'm sure somebody is asking questions somewhere else :) here in this forum really less people asking about their permits.

Thank you

Hi All,

After a long wait I've received the approval for my single permit. Including the time lines here for everyone's benefit

28/02/2019 - application filed from Belgium. (I reside here)
15/03 - application declared as admissible
March last week - positive decision from regional authorities and application passed on to immigration office
13/05 - received approval letter by post. This letter is sufficient to start working
14/05 - received letter from local office of foreign affairs with appointment date and time to apply for the Resident Card.

All,

I checked in my commune for more details on "arbeidsmarkt onbeperkt" . Based on clarification provided, below are scenarios. Sharing so that it can help others.

1. With old WP (card) and RP with access to labour market - requires new single permit application for changing employer or extension

2. Single permit with access to labour market - doesn't require new WP.  Can change to any employer till the validity.

did you get any other forums?

nareshmk wrote:

did you get any other forums?

Nope, I didn't get any answer.

@Vineeth

Thanks for the WP timeline details

vineethv wrote:

Hi All,

After a long wait I've received the approval for my single permit. Including the time lines here for everyone's benefit

March last week - positive decision from regional authorities and application passed on to immigration office
13/05 - received approval letter by post. This letter is sufficient to start working
14/05 - received letter from local office of foreign affairs with appointment date and time to apply for the Resident Card.

Hello Vineeth,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Could you also please the dates for your work permit like what was the expiry date  ? It seems people whose work permit are desired earlier joining date are getting preference but not confirm

Hi,

The starting date does not seems to make a difference. My application was submitted on 15th Feb with WP approved on 23rd March. The WP is valid since 10th April, which I had mentioned in my application but am still waiting for any communication on Single Permit.

Regards,
Anurag

mvishwakarma wrote:
vineethv wrote:

Hi All,

Hello Vineeth,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Could you also please the dates for your work permit like what was the expiry date  ? It seems people whose work permit are desired earlier joining date are getting preference but not confirm

Mine was not a renewal. It was a fresh application. My single perrmit is valid for 3 years

Hi vineeth,

I applied on 12-02-2019.

but I dint receive any. Even I asked for acknolwedgment (1st level) to my employer.

They said they dint receive any news.

what can I expect? Is my WP application is still being processing or it has been rejected?

If we dont get any ack, how we can track/know whether our application is being processing or not?

nareshmk wrote:

Hi vineeth,

I applied on 12-02-2019.

but I dint receive any. Even I asked for acknolwedgment (1st level) to my employer.

what can I expect? Is my WP application is still being processing or it has been rejected?

If we dont get any ack, how we can track/know whether our application is being processing or not?

Hello,

Please don't think negatively.

In my case, it was applied on 13-02-2019, first approval on 13-03-2019 and final approval today.16-05-2019.

What you can do, is call on this number 02 79 39 95 00

Don't choose english option , choose french or dutch then choose option 4 for long stay visa

and wait 5-10 minutes, they pick the call, give your National Id and get the status

they will tell you when the file was received and when you can expect an answer.

Also to remember, since the file is considered at admissible, if 4 month of period time expires, it seems to have given automatically and annexure 47 will be release

So please don't worry

Hi,
Thanks for the update. It means in your case, it took 2 months  from the approval of work permit to the issuance of single permit card.
How were you informed of the later? By email or through your employer?

fabowuapp wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the update. It means in your case, it took 2 months  from the approval of work permit to the issuance of single permit card.
How were you informed of the later? By email or through your employer?

Yes it took aImost 2 month to get an approval from ministry ....I got a direct email from [email protected]

OK.
Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information.

I have some queries. could you please answer them?

1.) which region you applied? flanders/brussels/flemish?
2.) Did you call to that number and enquire before you get email? If so, what did they say?
3.) your WP applied by ur employer/relocation agency/any other consultancy? because my employer chosen one relocation agency and through that they applied for me.Every time when I ask my employer, they were asking again that relocation agency for update.
4.) First level approval how did u get it.? Same like email directly came to you? or ?
5.) Since I dont know french/deutch shall I ask my employer to call them?

Please kindly give clarification on this/

nareshmk wrote:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information.

I have some queries. could you please answer them?

1.) which region you applied? flanders/brussels/flemish?
Flanders
2.) Did you call to that number and enquire before you get email? If so, what did they say?
Yes, I did and I had called 2 days before and they had told me that you should listen on your application very soon
3.) your WP applied by ur employer/relocation agency/any other consultancy? because my employer chosen one relocation agency and through that they applied for me.Every time when I ask my employer, they were asking again that relocation agency for update.
Yes, it's almost the same case , company have a consultancy Law firm which does the same
4.) First level approval how did u get it.? Same like email directly came to you? or ?
No, Consultancy company had received the email and a document which confirms the first level of approval
5.) Since I dont know french/deutch shall I ask my employer to call them?
Yes, you can, please note that they ask for Visa File number incase not in belgium or National Id number if you are staying in belgium.

Please kindly give clarification on this/

Hello,

Please find my answers above inline.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply.

I also applied for Flanders region.

Since I am in India, I should tell Visa file number during call which I dont know.

I will ask my employer to make a call.

Is any e mail Id to drop a mail instead of call? or setup a call if fine?

Thanks,
M Naresh

mail id*

Hello @nareshmk,

You may use this one : E-mail : [email protected] but it seems they take 20 business days to reply..... in this same thread somebody have already posted one more e mail id

Hi,
In our case, we have already received the work permit approval on 05 April 2019. We are waiting for the immigration office to issue the single permit.
Is this number to call the work office of Flanders or the immigration office?

Immigration office

Hi! Did you get the permit by now? I hope so. If so how long did it take? I am currently in the process and received my work permit (two weeks ago) but not yet my residence permit. I'm sure of the date my employer sent in my forms but it's been almost two months I believe. Thanks so much!

Did you receive it yet? I'm currently waiting also.

Lemingsl wrote:

Hi! Did you get the permit by now? I hope so. If so how long did it take? I am currently in the process and received my work permit (two weeks ago) but not yet my residence permit. I'm sure of the date my employer sent in my forms but it's been almost two months I believe. Thanks so much!

Hello,

Yes, I got the approval for my permit request.

for me it''s almost 3 month...submission on 13th-Feb-2019 and final approval received on 16th May 2019.

Ok thanks for your info. I'm almost at two months so here's to hoping mine is the same. Wish you the best!

mvishwakarma wrote:
nareshmk wrote:

Hi vineeth,

I applied on 12-02-2019.

Hello,

In my case, it was applied on 13-02-2019, first approval on 13-03-2019 and final approval today.16-05-2019.

Don't choose english option , choose french or dutch then choose option 4 for long stay visa

and wait 5-10 minutes, they pick the call, give your National Id and get the status

they will tell you when the file was received and when you can expect an answer.

Also to remember, since the file is considered at admissible, if 4 month of period time expires, it seems to have given automatically and annexure 47 will be release

So please don't worry

Hi,

Can you let me know from where you found this number? As per your response, it is for flanders region, as my application is for Brussels, I need to check for their contact information.

Regards,
Anurag

Did you get your work permit?

nareshmk wrote:

Did you get your work permit?

Yes, received WP on 22nd March itself.

Regards,
Anurag

Anurag_N wrote:
mvishwakarma wrote:
nareshmk wrote:

Hi vineeth,

I applied on 12-02-2019.

Hello,

So please don't worry

Hi,

Can you let me know from where you found this number? As per your response, it is for flanders region, as my application is for Brussels, I need to check for their contact information.

Regards,
Anurag

Hello,

I got this number for https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/news … odesk.aspx

Hello friends,

Anybody got any news ?

Mine finished total 11 weeks and and after work approval passed 8 weeks. Still no news.

did you check the status from the below link?
[‎5/‎21/‎2019 12:16 PM] Naresh Makala:
https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … ation.aspx

Familykan wrote:

Hello friends,

Anybody got any news ?

Mine finished total 11 weeks and and after work approval passed 8 weeks. Still no news.

Please give a call tomorrow between 09:30 and 12 Pm
They should be able to give some information
Also if your employer could tell when ministry received your file since then you may count 2 months

nareshmk wrote:

did you check the status from the below link?
[‎5/‎21/‎2019 12:16 PM] Naresh Makala:
https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … ation.aspx

This is visa check I think, right ? I didn't apply still visa.

mvishwakarma wrote:
Familykan wrote:

Hello friends,

Anybody got any news ?

Also if your employer could tell when ministry received your file since then you may count 2 months

As my company said that every week they are checking with minister , and they said between 6 to 8 weeks after approval of work permit. But they didn't tell me since when my documents in minister. I will try to connect them, thank you, when we call , what they ask for finding your documents ?

Familykan wrote:
mvishwakarma wrote:
Familykan wrote:

Hello friends,

Anybody got any news ?

As my company said that every week they are checking with minister , and they said between 6 to 8 weeks after approval of work permit. But they didn't tell me since when my documents in minister. I will try to connect them, thank you, when we call , what they ask for finding your documents ?

YOu may give your VIsa file number incase you have, or if you are alreay in belgium you may share the national Id number.

Is it possible to check with PASSPORT number?
because I dont have VISA file number. I asked my employer they also dont know. They need to check with law firm (agency)it seems.