New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Hello thank you very much for the update,

Can I ask, was it for Flanders region or Brussels ?
And as it renewal or first application.

Thank you.

Ohh...means it took almost 2 months for your 2nd approval..

Hello,

Yes of course, you can still work. As long as the work authorization has been granted by Brussels Economy and Employment.

For my case:
Old work permit expired on the 28/02/2019
My Employer filed the request on 07/02/2019
1st letter of acknowledgment to confirm that file is complete received on 21/02/2019
Confirmation of renewal of the working permit by Brussels Economy and Employment: 13/03/2019
Final Approval that single working permit is approved: 24/04/2019
Letter from my commune (1200) to bring a photo, old RP and 23.2€ and visit the commune: 25/04/2019
Went to the commune on 29/04/2019 and they confirmed that new signle WP card will be issued within 2 weeks.

I hopte that helps.

Thanks!

I have another doubt : I'm sure it's posted somewhere in the threads ...
now we have those letters , assume we should now book an appointment with VFS in Mumbai ?
Are the list of the documents needed as per list above in the thread ?
Also what about the dependent ? Would both main applicant and dependent apply at VFs?

Yes you and dependent have to apply both for VFS with supporting documents

Hi Kumarani,

Did you get notified after the first approval or did it come along with the final approval

Thanks

Hi,

We got an email with the final approval.

Also, the employer did check online and they could see the status saying the work permit was approved on 6th March.
However with regards to email we only get the one final email saying heading “single permit .......

Thanks. Is there an option to check the status online?

We had asked the employers migration team who checked this for us... they had confirmed this for us.. we dint have access to any login as such

Dear Friends,

People who got the single permit approval, could you please share the time taken between the first level of approval(work authorization) and second level of approval (resident approval) ?

It will be very helpful to all people like me who are waiting for second level of approval.

Thank you

Hi,
I have posted the timeline in another thread. However posting here as well.

Applied : 12th Feb
Work permit approval: 6th Mar
Single permit final approval: 30th April

First application : 04.03
Work permit appr.: 26.03
Final email : waiting ...

Hi kumarani,

Did you yrself check the status or it was checked by your employer?

Hi ,

We asked the employer if they had any update... so they checked the status with us..
basically employer checked it

Thanks

Thank you @Kumarani and @Familykan for your reply.

So basically my application is waiting for approval at foreign office since last 19.03.2019 for second level of Single Permit approval.

Don't know when to expect an answer from ministry ? incase anybody would like to share some views on it.

Thank you

Best Regards
Manoj

Hi Manoj,

Your welcome!
The only option now it to wait, that's what everyone has been saying in other posts/ threads too.. :/

However after calculating I think you should get your single permit by 13th of May-15th May.

I had calculated our dates as per someone else's single permit approved email which was pretty close to the date we received!

Hope this helps

mvishwakarma wrote:

So basically my application is waiting for approval at foreign office since last 19.03.2019 for second level of Single Permit approval.

Don't know when to expect an answer from ministry ? incase anybody would like to share some views on it.

Thank you

Best Regards
Manoj

Dear,

So our dates almost the same I mean we are close date which is mine since 26.03.2019 waiting for second approval. Probably you are going to receive earlier then me. in any case please keep in touch and give me information if you receive the final decision. and please don't forget like the others, after receiving with excitement to run away without giving information :D

Kumarani wrote:

Hi Manoj,

Your welcome!
The only option now it to wait, that's what everyone has been saying in other posts/ threads too.. :/

However after calculating I think you should get your single permit by 13th of May-15th May.

I had calculated our dates as per someone else's single permit approved email which was pretty close to the date we received!

Hope this helps

Thank you very much for your kind reply....Definitely it gives bit sense of idea when to expect the Single Permit approval...

Familykan wrote:
mvishwakarma wrote:

Thank you

Best Regards
Manoj

Dear,

So our dates almost the same I mean we are close date which is mine since 26.03.2019 waiting for second approval. Probably you are going to receive earlier then me. in any case please keep in touch and give me information if you receive the final decision. and please don't forget like the others, after receiving with excitement to run away without giving information :D

Hello,

I will definitely share the information as soon as I have it also please keep us posted about your approval status too :)

Thank you

hi,
I have a question.

My employer applied for single permit in March,
then my employer got the email from Belgian foreign office about work permit.

We planned to start from 1st June, so I was planned to enter the Belgium 
2 weeks after from now,
however, it is difficult to be approved my work permit before departure,
So I would like to wait for the approval of my work permit in Belgium.

I can stay within at most 3 months without Visa due to my citizenship.

I have the following question.
Can I wait for single permit approval and apply for VISA in Belgium  after my approval?
or should I go back to Japan again after approval for work permit to apply VISA?

http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … researcher
from at the bottom of right side of the schema on above web page,
I would be able to in Belgium ....

I appreciate if you help me.

Dear,

While your company applying your documents, they needed to ask you which consulate you would like to receive your visa. So after you receive your single permit, you need to apply on that consulate where it's located.

May I ask you which date exactly you applied and which date exactly you received work permit approval ? And finally which region are you going to work?

Best regards

Hi All,

my employer lodged my work permit application on 12-02-2019.

still no update..little afraid on this

nareshmk wrote:

Hi All,

my employer lodged my work permit application on 12-02-2019.

still no update..little afraid on this

It can't be, at least first stage you needed to have approval of work permit. But mostly companies hiding because you not to think that your permit ready and to go Belgium.

Hi familykan, might be you are true.

I continuously checking with my employer they were telling that still final approval needed.

but they didnt say anything about first stage approval done, and next level pending something that.

so bit worried. even they asked me to check with belgium consulate mumbai for annexure 46 available or not. if that is the case we can go head for VISA stamping.

but after checked with Mumbai consulate, they didn t receive any such letter.

nareshmk wrote:

@familykan, might be you are true.

I continuously checking with my employer they were telling that still final approval needed.

but they didnt say anything about first stage approval done, and next level pending something that.

so bit worried. even they asked me to check with belgium consulate mumbai for annexure 46 available or not. if that is the case we can go head for VISA stamping.

but after checked with Mumbai consulate, they didn t receive any such letter.

Yeah, here you go, exactly as they told you that you have first approval but they wait final. You could ask them “ could you please write me the exact date of work permit approval and I can calculate averagely date of final approval.

Is your application the first or renewal ? And which region are you going to work ?

its fresh application and in Flander region

nareshmk wrote:

its fresh application and in Flander region

Wow that's not good, my application after you date, so I'm going to wait more and more, my application given on 4th of March, and I was hoping this week final decision. So I not wait at all. Procedure really became slower, that's not good :(

Dear friends,

People who are waiting final approval, I guess there are some slowing down the process, as I see the group , nobody receive news recently. i found in minister site one explanation i would like to share with you, its from april update :

" Momenteel schommelt de termijn voor het onderzoek van een aanvraag door de Dienst Vreemdelingenzaken tussen 1 maand en 1,5 maand, vanaf de datum waarop het Gewest de aanvraag ontvankelijk heeft verklaard (bijwerking: april 2019). Indien deze termijn niet overschreden wordt, vraagt de Dienst aan de werkgevers om niet te telefoneren of een mail te sturen, om te vragen hoe het met een dossier zit (bijkomend werk, ten nadele van de behandeling van de aanvragen). "

Means that : " Currently, the time limit for examining an application by the Immigration Office varies between 1 month and 1.5 months from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible (update: April 2019). If this period is not exceeded, the Service asks employers not to make a telephone call or to send an e-mail to ask about the file (additional work, to the detriment of processing applications). "

But its not correct, it passed a lot then 1,5 months, I wish they would at least give some information. and we could feel calmer. Anyway the reason they say max within 4 months was about this situation. We need to wait more,

Greetings

Familykan wrote:

Dear friends,

People who are waiting final approval, I guess there are some slowing down the process, as I see the group , nobody receive news recently. i found in minister site one explanation i would like to share with you, its from april update :

" Momenteel schommelt de termijn voor het onderzoek van een aanvraag door de Dienst Vreemdelingenzaken tussen 1 maand en 1,5 maand, vanaf de datum waarop het Gewest de aanvraag ontvankelijk heeft verklaard (bijwerking: april 2019). Indien deze termijn niet overschreden wordt, vraagt de Dienst aan de werkgevers om niet te telefoneren of een mail te sturen, om te vragen hoe het met een dossier zit (bijkomend werk, ten nadele van de behandeling van de aanvragen). "

Means that : " Currently, the time limit for examining an application by the Immigration Office varies between 1 month and 1.5 months from the date on which the Region declared the application admissible (update: April 2019). If this period is not exceeded, the Service asks employers not to make a telephone call or to send an e-mail to ask about the file (additional work, to the detriment of processing applications). "

But its not correct, it passed a lot then 1,5 months, I wish they would at least give some information. and we could feel calmer. Anyway the reason they say max within 4 months was about this situation. We need to wait more,

Greetings

Dear Friend,

Thank you for sharing the important update.

You are correct at least some information about the progress and timelines can be shared.

In my case as well, my application already crossed 1.5 month waiting at ministry for resident approval.

Dear All,

While understanding your stress, you need to put the situation into perspective.

Of course, everyone wants their file to be treated first. But you have already wondered how many cases/files are processed each day by officials of the "Office des étrangers" ?

Whenever a document is missing or poorly written, it generates additional work. Many files are rejected because of the applicants.

So take patience and thank all those who prepare their visa / work permit applications badly.

phipiemar wrote:

Dear All,

While understanding your stress, you need to put the situation into perspective.

Of course, everyone wants their file to be treated first. But you have already wondered how many cases/files are processed each day by officials of the "Office des étrangers" ?

Whenever a document is missing or poorly written, it generates additional work. Many files are rejected because of the applicants.

So take patience and thank all those who prepare their visa / work permit applications badly.

Hello,

Yeah that's also equally important to know the amount of work is pending at immigration office.

Certainly there could be plenty of work and it's causing a delay.

you are true in saying we all need to have more patience.

Yes,
Only thing is we need to wait and wait. Even my employer also going to frustrated if I ask more for the update.

nareshmk wrote:

Yes,
Only thing is we need to wait and wait. Even my employer also going to frustrated if I ask more for the update.

Hello,

Same here :)

So since when your application is pending  ? or what are the dates for you like filing the application, first approval and  second one....

I didnt get anything
My employer told application was lodged on 11-02-2019.
Still now no update.

nareshmk wrote:

I didnt get anything
My employer told application was lodged on 11-02-2019.
Still now no update.

Almost at the same time as mine.... Do you have any info when did you get first level of approval about Work Authorization ?

no..they didnt inform me about 1st level.

Dear All,

I have been asking this question in many places but no clarity yet. Can someone pls help?

I applied for RP in Jan 2019 with WP received on Dec 2018. Due to new procedure, there were some changes and i was provided with a resident permitt ill March 2020. In the backside of it - it is written "arbeidsmarkt onbeperkt" (as per new procedure). By translation, i found that unlimited access to employment market. Does it mean that i dont need a new work permit if i switch employer? or this is still specific to current employer?

some links as below say that it means switching employer is possible - with validity as per residence dates

https://werkgevers.vdab.be/werkgevers/i … werk/wetenhttp://www.agii.be/thema/vreemdelingenr … recht/werkhttps://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/NL/Gids … nning.aspx

Note: I still have the old work permit and not single permit as per new regulations.

Thanks for the help.

hello everyone above,
thanks for your sharing and it is really help, and i got many useful information here enven i remained silent for a long period, i am willing to share my time line of this F***ing single permit as following:
1.submit:14th of March
2.submit one more document as demanded: 1st of APR
3.WP:9th of APR
4.RP(SINGLE PERMIT/FINAL PERIMIT):WAITING
everyone's applying is treated as a single case because these stuffs are still learnner of this filed.
i have been in Belgium with the bussiness visa which will allow me stay here for maximum 90 days within 180 days, i am waiting more desperately than almost  every one here. i will keep update if i am informed later.
one more information: my employer called the foreign office and they said that more time is expected to be needed as the summer is approaching. LMAO.