New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Hi,May I know you your work permit process was in Brussels region and took 2 weeks for approval? Its a fresh new work permit or renewal process? Thanks

sanghamitra_padhi wrote:

My single permit was approved on 04th March(work and residence). And it is valid until 1 year. It took 5-6 weeks after the date of application to get the single permit and was quite faster than I assumed as its mentioned that it might take upto 4 months.
And just to mention, I had not apostiled pcc or any document.

The work permit took 2 weeks but the residence permit took close to 4 weeks.

Hi,May I know you your work permit process was in Brussels region and took 2 weeks for approval? Its a fresh new work permit or renewal process? Thanks

It was a fresh work permit application.

Thanks Aneesh.

Due to high level interest on interest on this topic,

Official Info (Brussels Capital): http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … ty-belgium
Flanders: https://www.werk.be/online-diensten/wer … gle-permit
Wallonia: https://emploi.wallonie.be/en/home/trav … avail.html

Practical Info:

Step 1: Your employer collects the documents they want, in order to apply for single-permit in Belgium.

These are the normal asks:
- Copy of your national passport
- Medical certificate from an authorized doctor (list is in the VFS / consulate website)
- PCC in original (obtained from PSK. Passportindia website has the guidelines how to get one)
- Copy of educational certificates (Employer will ask which ones)
- Employment contract (Signed by you and the employer)

Earlier, PCC had to be apostilled. In recent cases, I hear they are not asking for apostile. It is good to reconfirm with your employer.

Step 2: After receiving all these documents from you, your employer applies for single permit in Belgium.

Step3: Once your permit application is processed and approved, you will get an email from singlepermit[at]ibz.fgov.be informing you the status. With the email, there will normally be four documents attached

1. A letter addressed to Belgian consulate in India.
2. The document named "décision - Accord PU EMP" is the notification to the employer stating that the work-permit application is succesful.
3. Annex 46 - Copy of the official decision granting you single-permit.
4. Document pour résultat: Addressed to you - This document contains the instruction for the next steps.

Step 4: You printout the attachments and secure an appointment with via your closest VFS center.

This is the link to make an appointnemt: https://www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/India … tment.html

In addition to the documents you received with your single-permit approval email, you need the below:

1. Completed visa application form. VFS Website has instructions on how to fill.
2. Two photos
3. Cover letter (you can prepare one yourself - plenty of samples available in the internet)
4. Photocopy of passport
5. Proof of accomodation in Belgium (initial accomodation booking)
6. Proof of insurance (in some cases consulate asks this). A letter from your employer that you will be covered in a Belgian mutuality the day you start work, will be enough.
7. Other mandatory documents (proof of payment of contribution fees, etc etc)

Dependents:
-> Like normal visa D application for dependents (many threads in the forum discussing documentation, etc). Both main applicant and dependent(s) can apply at the same time.

Step 5:
- You get the visa. You travel to Belgium using this visa. You find a place to stay, and report the local commune/townhall of that area and collect your permit card. This card becomes your permit to stay thereafter and it is renewed as per the renewal cycle.

Hello Dnlwht70,

Do you have any update from single permit ?

Dear members,

Is there anyone who is already living in Belgium changed jobs in 2019. Does the work permit creating method follow the old method or the new method. If it is new method, could anyone tell one tell me what is the approximate time line one can expect the work permit.

Kind regards,
Naveen

Does this mean, based on new work permit and RP process, we can find and shift to a new job without a need to apply for new work permit for new employer? I believe the new RP contains "Arbeidsmarkt:onbeperkt" mentioned.

Hello

My documents has been submitted to Belgium Ministry on 8th March. How much time ideally it will take for whole process for getting me those 4 letters from Belgium?

Thanks,
Onkar

This information is already on this forum. Read previous posts

Hi all, my employer has applied for a fresh single permit as well. We've gotten the WP with timeline:

12-Feb-2019: Date of Application (in Brussels)
18-Feb-2019: Employer got a letter saying that documents are complete and application will now be considered
16-Mar-2019: Work Permit approved, application forwarded to immigration services for the Residence Permit

We are awaiting the RP now. I want to clarify:

(1) One can't enter Belgium with just the WP (and not the RP), right? Some people have written on other forums that RP can be obtained while in Belgium but I think that's only for the old process / renewals - would be great to clear that.
(2) Is there a way you can still apply to the local Belgian consulate / via VFS for the RP? They seemed to be much quicker with processing earlier.
(3) If anyone's received both WP and RP from the Brussels region, would be great to know how long it took!

Hi there :)

Thank you for the information. On page one of this same forum there is a post of someone who received both her work and residence permit. It took her 2 weeks to receive the WP and 4 weeks to receive the RP.

Unfortunately with the new procedure you have to wait for RP approval. Without that approval you cannot get a visa to enter Belgium. I am currently still waiting for my RP too.

crewtea wrote:

(1) One can't enter Belgium with just the WP (and not the RP), right? Some people have written on other forums that RP can be obtained while in Belgium but I think that's only for the old process / renewals - would be great to clear that.
(2) Is there a way you can still apply to the local Belgian consulate / via VFS for the RP? They seemed to be much quicker with processing earlier.
(3) If anyone's received both WP and RP from the Brussels region, would be great to know how long it took!

this is what I understood.

1. You need both (WP and RP) approvals to apply for the visa.
2. To the consulate, you apply for your visa, based on the approvals you got. Once you are here in Belgium, you get the physical single permit card.
3. Answered in the forum earlier I think.

Anyone has renewed the old WP for a single permit?

I'm currently living in Belgium with a valid RP and WP, but I'm thinking about to change my employer. 

In this new process after the WP is approved the application will be forward to immigration services for the Residence Permit.

My question is, since I've a valid RP and I'm living in Belgium, can I start in the new employer after the WP is approved or I need to wait the new single permit (WP + RP)?

Hello everyone,
For the ones who got their work permit approved. I have a small question regarding these timelines of various steps. Did you get a communication directly to your mail id or did yr employer inform you about it ?

Hi All,

I recently submitted my visa documents with VFS and here is the list in documents.we need to carry:

First you need to book your appointment with VFS Then you will get your appointment letter which you need to carry with you.we need to carry 2 more sets with original documents (VFS takes one copy and they forward original document +one copy of documents to consulate office(Mumbai/Delhi)

These are the documents if your employer applied for you.

1.4 photos(3.5*4.5mm) for safer side to carry with you.
2.online filled Visa application
3.health insurance
4.visa fee receipt (350euro for main applicant)
5.Original work permit hard copy
6.legalized PCC apostilled by MEA(apostilled sticker on back of original pcc.pcc must have stamp from passport office and mea stamp on it)
7.medical certificate for visa(please note medical certificate for work permit is different from visa medical certificate)
8.copy of passport front and back page
9.cover letter from your employer
10.address proof (not sure if it is mandatory but my employer provided to me)
11.VFS Courier form
12.Disclaimer form
13.language form(dutch, french and English) self signed.

You have to pay 16990 rupee as visa processing fee.

Forgot to mention that they take your finger prints of both the hands and digital photograph and that's it.

I hope it will help you

Thank
Vaibhav

crewtea wrote:

Hi all, my employer has applied for a fresh single permit as well. We've gotten the WP with timeline:

18-Feb-2019: Employer got a letter saying that documents are complete and application will now be considered
16-Mar-2019: Work Permit approved, application forwarded to immigration services for the Residence Permit (this was informed to my employer)

Hi all, just an update on this, I received an approval for the Single Permit on 2 April. :)

It came via email from an address "singlepermit[at]ibz.fgov.be". There is no subject in the email - so do check your spam folder just in case, if you're waiting for a decision.

The next step is now to go to the local VFS centre (in India for me) with the documents as mentioned by Aneesh in one of the posts above. The document list is also on the Belgian consulate's website. It should take 3-4 working days max to process this.

Good luck! :)

I went to VFS on 1st April and today I got my visa stamped on 4th april.within 3 days I received my visa.

Thanks
Vaibhav

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to inform that I applied 4th of March and I don't have any news from my company. It's been 5 weeks already and nothing coming up. Even for completed document and also approved work permit. Nothing.
Hope I can hear something soon, and I will write my update.

crewtea wrote:
crewtea wrote:

16-Mar-2019: Work Permit approved, application forwarded to immigration services for the Residence Permit (this was informed to my employer)

Hi all, just an update on this, I received an approval for the Single Permit on 2 April. :)

It came via email from an address "singlepermit[at]ibz.fgov.be". There is no subject in the email - so do check your spam folder just in case, if you're waiting for a decision.

The next step is now to go to the local VFS centre (in India for me) with the documents as mentioned by Aneesh in one of the posts above. The document list is also on the Belgian consulate's website. It should take 3-4 working days max to process this.

Hi,

Is it possible that documents will not be processed at the same time? My employer applied for my work permit on Feb 1. I received an update from the employer that my application is  complete on Feb 18. On March 2, i was updated that my work permit has been approved and is submitted to the immigration office. However, I still have not received an update regarding my single permit.

prem32 wrote:
crewtea wrote:
crewtea wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible that documents will not be processed at the same time? My employer applied for my work permit on Feb 1. I received an update from the employer that my application is  complete on Feb 18. On March 2, i was updated that my work permit has been approved and is submitted to the immigration office. However, I still have not received an update regarding my single permit.

Hello,

Yes it's possible, the files are individual, and takes different time to complete.

Could you please tell me which region are you going to work ? Flanders or Brussels ?

Familykan wrote:
prem32 wrote:
crewtea wrote:

Hi,

Hello,

Yes it's possible, the files are individual, and takes different time to complete.

Could you please tell me which region are you going to work ? Flanders or Brussels ?

In Brusssels. I thought mine is rejected, this waiting is making me anxious.

Hello Everyone,

I have an update about single permit,

I applied on 4th of March (for Flanders Region)
Work permit approved on 26th March.
And waiting for residence permit approval.

Dnlwht70 wrote:

Hi there :)

Thank you for the information. On page one of this same forum there is a post of someone who received both her work and residence permit. It took her 2 weeks to receive the WP and 4 weeks to receive the RP.

Unfortunately with the new procedure you have to wait for RP approval. Without that approval you cannot get a visa to enter Belgium. I am currently still waiting for my RP too.

Hi. did you receive your single permit already?

Hi,

I and my Dependent wife are in Belgium. My employer has applied for extension of work permit on 4th April.

1. What is the duration that I can expect to get approval. My current Work Permit is Valid till 15th May.
2. What is the process to get the RP renewed for both me and my wife to the new single permit.
3. With the New Single Permit, my dependent wife will be eligible to work?

Please share experiences or suggestions/answers of work permit extensions as per single permit and subsequent process for obtaining the same for Dependent already living in Belgium.

Regards
Akhil

Hello, does someone know or have this experience that with contract for 4 months for internship is it possible to get permit for 1 year? Please, any information

As your wife is dependent on you so your wife is allowed to do job from Jan 2019.Just you have to ask for new residence card in the town hall.

Hi , 

Could I check are dependent wives allowed to work in Belgium? I mean they wouldn't have to apply for another work permit or anything right?

Yes dependents are allowed to work.Just they have to change their residence card & in new residence card its mentioned that they are allowed to work.

Thank you!

Your welcome

Hello everyone,

Please could you share your date after you receive single permit?

Because people who applied and waiting wants to know when to receive. People who receive single permit they ran away with happiness :D but don't forget there are also people still waits :)

Hello everyone, I am currently employed in Belgium. My prospective employer had filled a work permit for me on march 28th. Today, the ministry had requested the employer for my original work permit and a proof of resignation from my present company. when I saw the official website week.be, I read that I have 15 days to submit the missing documents. Can someone please clarify if this is 15 working days or 15 calendar days.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Naveen Hariprasad

Application date: 30 Jan 2019
Application declared admissible by ministry: 20 Feb 2019
Work permit authorized: 26 Feb 2019
Single permit approved: 25 April 2019

In case switching employer apply for Unemployment benefits:
https://www.hvw-capac.fgov.be/https://www.hvw-capac.fgov.be/fr/chomag … occupation

Wooow that's quite long time as I excepted. Because in this forums most of the people received after approval of work permit was about 3 - 5 weeks. Is it first application or changing employer ?

Changing employer in this case. Some websites warn about it. Ministry can take up to 4 months officially.
Regional authorities are quick to authorize work permit. It's the federal ministry of migration that takes most of the time to authorize residency.

Yeah you are right ,technically it's written 4,5 months for total processing time but as practically people received a bit faster then this, about 2 months total. Probably started to become slower the process. Thank you for information. Wish you luck in Belgium ;)

Hello Guys,

This is Manoj Vishwakarma and I am in similar kind of situation.

My employer had applied for renewal of my work permit ( now it's single permit process)  in Mid Feb 2019 and as a part of Single permit process, first level of authorization (Work authorization) have been granted in Mid March and the application has been sent to resident approval and pending at foreign office since last 6 weeks.

Could any body of you know, if I can continue working to my employer (my work permit is expiring on 30th-Apr-2019 ) ?

Thank you

Best Regards
Manoj

Hi guys,
I have an update for the visa application single permit:

Applied on 12th feb
Approved 1st level: 6th March
Single permit: document email received 30th April

Thanks

Kumarani wrote:

Hi guys,
I have an update for the visa application single permit: