New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Kostadorn wrote:
Aneesh wrote:
Kostadorn wrote:

Guys,

I have some info which might be useful for somebody. I remember someone asked this question before already. I have the same story, so my employer found it out.

"If you are a citizen of a country for which Visa is not needed in principal to entrance EU , do you need a VISA D in case of a Single permit?"

1. YOU DO NOT NEED VISA D in case you have provided your future Belgian address with your Single Permit application. In this case, Immigration Office will send annex 46 (or 47) to you, employer and to the City Hall of your future residence. You have to go to the city hall once you are in BE with printed annex 46 (or 47) and they will register you + provide a single permit card.

2. YOU DO NEED VISA D in case you didn`t know yet your future residence address and did not provide it in your single permit application. In this case, Immigration Office will send annex 46 (or 47) to you, employer and to the Embassy of your current residence. Even if you do not need a Visa to entrance Belgium in general, City Hall with refuse you registration as far as they did not receive documents from the Office. In this case, VISA is required to get your single permit.

I hope this can be useful to ppl who was curious about it.

Where did you get this info from.. I am reading https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … nique.aspx

it says:

"NOTICE: A non-EU citizen who does not have a visa for a stay of up to 90 days is not obliged to apply for a D visa. However, not applying for this visa is a risk."

Read in detail in the link provided.

I said it in my message: my employer find it out with the agency and city hall. Embassy replied exactly the same.

Okay !

Hi All,

Thanks for all your Inputs.
Finally, I got my single permit approval today. Below are my timelines -

Region : Flemish
Date of application : 28-March-2019
Date of admissibility : 10-April-2019
Work permit approval : 11-April-2019
Single permit approval date : 20-June-2019

KR

Congratulations to you...can you tell me whether you have applied for self or with dependent?

Hi. It's a self application.

Ok thanks.

I think single applications are given 1st preference than applications with dependents.

Anybody in this group has applied with dependents and received their final approval?

My date of admissibility is 3rd April but still dint received any update.

Hi, Single Work Permit is for self and it is noting to do with dependents, as part of SWP you don't even submit any documents related to dependents.
During visa you need to prepare all required documentation for dependents.

Thanks,
Sagar

MDThoufeeq wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for all your Inputs.
Finally, I got my single permit approval today. Below are my timelines -

Region : Flemish
Date of application : 28-March-2019
Date of admissibility : 10-April-2019
Work permit approval : 11-April-2019
Single permit approval date : 20-June-2019

KR

Finally? :D I have applied 19th February and still nothing. You`re are less than 3 month since the date of application. So, congrats. I can say that was fast for you :)

Hi,

Don't lose hope.  My timeline:

Applied: 19th Feb
WP Approval/App declared admissible: 18th March
SP Approval: 20th June

However, only my employer received an email saying the decision to grant the single permit has been communicated to the Embassy. There's an attachment that gives my details like name, DOB, etc. and says I (the applicant) have been notified, but I have not received anything from them till now.

I need an email from them because I need to submit the Annex 46 while applying for Visa D. Just when you think this 4 month long frustrating process has finally come to an end, there has to be a surprise.

rotimo wrote:

Hi,

However, only my employer received an email saying the decision to grant the single permit has been communicated to the Embassy. There's an attachment that gives my details like name, DOB, etc. and says I (the applicant) have been notified, but I have not received anything from them till now.

I need an email from them because I need to submit the Annex 46 while applying for Visa D. Just when you think this 4 month long frustrating process has finally come to an end, there has to be a surprise.

Hey! Congrats! I am truly happy to see when someone near my dates receive it (for all the rest happy too, of course)! Well, it is given, so the biggest part is done. Fingers crossed they send you the files soon. Keep us updated pls. Maybe my SP is somewhere close too :D

Thanks for your reply.

Any idea how many days it will take generally once we get admissibility letter

It.sahu2008 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Any idea how many days it will take generally once we get admissibility letter

Admissibility letter officially should be sent in 2 weeks, but in my case it took 24 days and only my employer received an e-mail about the admissibility.
After this one is received, authorities have 120 days to give you a feedback about your single permit.

yeah i understand 120 days is maximum to provide feedback. But I want to know in general in how many days they provide feedback?

It.sahu2008 wrote:

yeah i understand 120 days is maximum to provide feedback. But I want to know in general in how many days they provide feedback?

No one can tell. If you read this forum, you can see that some people received in 6 weeks, some in 2 month. Someone reaches 4 month this weeks already. So, to be not very frustrated, plan all 17 weeks.

yeah..you are right..I am in big mess...Currently serving notice period and have already completed 2 months and now only 1 month is remaining...As per forum experience i need to take some decision..Will there be any rejection once you get admissibility letter?

It.sahu2008 wrote:

yeah..you are right..I am in big mess...Currently serving notice period and have already completed 2 months and now only 1 month is remaining...As per forum experience i need to take some decision..Will there be any rejection once you get admissibility letter?

Dear, admissibility letter just confirms that all necessary documents do present in the application to start the process. It does not guarantee you a single permit. But if your documents are ok, i do not think you should worry about it :) All will be fine. Just relax and wait, nothing else you can do.

hi dear ;
please can you tell me how can I check if I have my single permit ?
thank you .

bouychou12 wrote:

hi dear ;
thank you .

Hi,

Read previous topics. It was already explained a lot of times...

bouychou12 wrote:

hi dear ;
thank you .

Hi. The authorities should send you, your employer and the embassy an e-mail with annex 46 (or 47).

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your Inputs and advice.
Below are my timelines:

Region : Wallonie
Date of application : 20-February-2019
Date of admissibility : 18-April-2019
Work permit approval : 06-May-2019
Single permit approval date : Still waiting for an answer... 

It seems that it takes around 2 months to get the second approval, so hoping to get the single permit around the 06-July-2019.

I am still waiting.. :(

by 26-06-2019 my 120 days period also going to complete..

only 2 days left..

anyone knows if they dont give anne46/single permit,  with in howmany days they provide annexe 47?

please kindly share..

nareshmk wrote:

I am still waiting.. :(

by 26-06-2019 my 120 days period also going to complete..

only 2 days left..

anyone knows if they dont give anne46/single permit,  with in howmany days they provide annexe 47?

please kindly share..

Hey, looks like you`re the first one who will receive annex 47 (automatic approval). Most probably, i will be the second (3 weeks left until 120 days deadline). So, let`s hope they give it right away the same day or maximum couple of days after. Keep us updated pls!
i am worry for your application already the same level as for mine :D

Hi Everyone,

I have received the documents today. Apparently, there was a typo in my email address.

I wish you all the very best with the visa procedure and also in the future. I know this waiting process can be really difficult and frustrating, but hang in there.

rotimo wrote:

Hi,

still no news....

Today is the last day for 120 days period.

what to do next? waiting for Annex 47? how long they will take?

anybody?....any idea?

I think you can call them tomorrow morning before 12pm and tell them that it has been 120 days since your admissibility. They will definitely have a solution for you.

nareshmk wrote:

still no news....

Today is the last day for 120 days period.

what to do next? waiting for Annex 47? how long they will take?

anybody?....any idea?

Report it to your employer, they will contact them for annex 47.

Hello everyone,

They just updated de the website of the immigration office. The processing time went from 1-->1.5 month to 2-->2.5 months.
I hope it won't get worst because of the summer holidays.

kilbel wrote:

Hello everyone,

They just updated de the website of the immigration office. The processing time went from 1-->1.5 month to 2-->2.5 months.
I hope it won't get worst because of the summer holidays.

Thanks for the info.

Could you please share the link here.

Thank you

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Pages/home.aspx

kilbel wrote:

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Pages/home.aspx

Thanks for sharing this info.

I also received after 18 weeks.. you can wait 2 more weeks

Hi sethikaran,

COULD YOU Please mentioned your timelines of admissable, WP and SINGLE PEMIT?

Thanks,
M Naresh.

nareshmk wrote:

Hi sethikaran,

COULD YOU Please mentioned your timelines of admissable, WP and SINGLE PEMIT?

Thanks,
M Naresh.

Dear, still no annex 47?

unfortunately, sill no news about Annex 47.

Hello Naresh,

Why don't you call them or mail them and inform about your status ?

Or else you can also ask your employer why it is taking 4 months time

I am keep on asking my employer and agency about the status and delay.

But they were saying no update even they also continuously sending reminders to immigration office but fro the immigration office there is no response it seems.

Why don't you call immigration office directly or mail them?

Dear All,

While understanding your stress, again I remind you that you are not the only ones on earth to have filed visa application / work permit applications. The workload of the administrative services of the foreigners' Office is enormous.

And the more you bother to call and / or send emails, the more you delay them. And the less they advance.

Do you like when we come all the time disturb you in your work?

phipiemar wrote:

Dear All,

While understanding your stress, again I remind you that you are not the only ones on earth to have filed visa application / work permit applications. The workload of the administrative services of the foreigners' Office is enormous.

And the more you bother to call and / or send emails, the more you delay them. And the less they advance.

Do you like when we come all the time disturb you in your work?

I have to agree here. We decided with my employer as well not to give calls/send e-mails to avoid any negative impact. The only thing is that there are no deadlines mentioned about how long it will take to send annex 47 in case of 120 deadline is finished. Any one knows?

no, for annex 47 there is no deadline it seems..

I agree with it but main problem is people are getting frustrated because of such a delay in approval. And main reason of frustration is when people who have applied after our date, they are getting approval mails and people who applied earlier are not getting.

This is main reason of frustration.

If they are getting overloaded, then they should increase the staff before implementing this rule for Single permit.

We are not getting how they are prioritizing the files.
Some people are getting final approval within 1 month and some are there who did not get till 3-4 months.