New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Hi

I'm in similar situation for Wallonia. Fresh application.

Application: end of April
WP approval: June 17th
SP approval: waiting

Update for my file -
Applied - 25th June,2019
Admissible - 13th August, 2019
Work Authorization - waiting
Single Permit - waiting
Region - Flanders

This morning I received mail from my employer that letter of Admissibility was received.

Now waiting for rest.

nil77 wrote:

An update on my timeline

Region - Flanders
Application date - 23 May
Admissible Date: 5 Jun
Work Permit Approval - 17 Jun
Single permit - 19 August

Both of our time is exactly same 23/05 and 05/06 and flanders. But work permit is approved on June 7 for me. Is it fresh application?

Hey guys,

I have a French resident permit, valid until the end of the year, and I am moving to Belgium in 10 days. I read somewhere here that after being registered in the town hall, I am not allowed to leave Belgium before being interviewed by police and getting the Belgian residence permit. But what about me that have a French residence permit too, does this law valid for just those who have only a Belgian visa, or it is for everyone? I am asking because my company wants to assign me a mission that requires a trip to Sweden, and I do not know I am able to fulfill this assignment or not.

Please share your ideas.

Bests,

Hi All,

I need to few clarifications. My employer never told me that I need to do apostille all docs.
already employer have applied for single permit and I got work permit on 12th july.

As i did not know all these.
Police clearance certificate (PCC), i took from commissioner office not thru passport office.
Medical certificate i took from normal hospital not from those doctors whose names are mention in the VFS website "https://india.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/travel-to-belgium/visa/india#3".

1. Will they reject my application? If yes, Please suggest me what i have to do next?

2. Do I need to do apostille Marriage certificate and birth certificate as well for single permit?

Please help

Regards
RinkuS

Hello All,

Anyone received SP approval in August from Brussel's region.

Thank you

Its been said so many times, JULY, AUGUST and possibly part of September is Holiday season. Thus official offices work on a bare minimum workforce.

Constant posting of your dates does not help anyone! The Forum is designed to help with questions.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Yes, it is fresh application

I don't know how the ministry is working. It's been 80 days for me since admissiblity letter. And processing of file is very random not in order. Very worst processing ever.

Here are my dates:

Application filed - Brussels - June 23
Application approved - July 4
Work permit issued - August 6
Single permit issued - August 22

Is it fresh application?

Yes

Congrats Avivv.... May I ask which nationality you are and did you receive any communication in between from ministry or only through the company for admissibility date etc...

My employer has applied for a single permit and mentioned in the file that i will commence working from Nov 1st. But i have got my single permit approved now. Is it possible to start working immediately?

Hi Rajnith,

Kindly check the 'from' validity date in your SP documents which you must have received. If it is valid than you very well may work.

From  validity is from Nov 1st. So i cannot start working before that?

Hi,

My employer has submitted my work permit application with the Belgian authorities on 21st Aug. Can someone pls help with the approximate timeline the authorities will take to issue the work and residence permit. I think the authorities also take around 2 weeks to inform that the file is accepted and sent further to the work permit department.

Ranjith Chammanthraj wrote:

From  validity is from Nov 1st. So i cannot start working before that?

No Ranjith you can't start to work before work permit start date legally.

Is it possible to request the foreign office to change the date with some documents gather from the employer?

Ranjith Chammanthraj wrote:

Is it possible to request the foreign office to change the date with some documents gather from the employer?

You could check with your employer if they can check with ministry.

Any one who applied in June end / July first second week received their work authorization / admissibilty?

Yes i have
I received my single permit as well

Hi,

This might be a different issue but does this apply on Professional card as well?

Hello. I have got my single permit approved recently but my start date  is nov 1. Is it possible for me to travel earlier than that date to Belgium? Will I get visa to travel before November 1?

This question was already answered. Your visa will normally be starting at the same date or a few days before your work start date.

I have a quick question—will I need to have my Visa Type D with me every time I enter Belgium/EU or is it only necessary for the first entry into the country, before you pick up the Single Permit?

I'm asking because my current passport only has 3 empty pages in it and I will need to get a new one soon. If I need the Type D visa with me every time I travel, I'll probably renew my passport before I get the visa (so I don't have to carry both passports around for a while). Otherwise, I'll get the visa in this current passport.

your resident ID card will be your "visa" soon enough to enter and leave Belgium (that you'll renew every year).
So at some point you don't care, unless you want to travel abroad soon.

When you'll live in Belgium (and get your ID card), you'll register at the embassy of India in Brussels and you'll request a new passport when you need a new one. (and you'll also ask to keep your previous passport where you have received (previous) European Visa ==> they'll cut it and give it back)

Anybody here applied (or is applying) for a SP for an unlimited period? How is the processing time compared to normal SP application?

Does the unlimited SP means your ID will be automatically updated to B card as well?

Thanks Alex, this was very helpful! I'll be registering with the Canadian embassy though ;)

My document arrived the office 27th June and now  they said me that I need to give extra document. In this period I waited 2 months.  But I will wait again for new document. Because I know that nowadays the office processing 27th June documents so it can take too many times like waiting 4 months for nothing according to this I can cancel agreement.

FYI

We have to write a cover letter if you want to go early stating the reason and your insurance should cover it. Then they give visa in advance.

Regards
Ranjith

I work in expat contract & my wife is in Belgium as dependent. My wife got a new job & applied for Work Permit since the current one is dependent on mine.

Employer of my wife says since she holds dependent work permit (Single Permit) , it's not possible to process seperate work permit for her. Is it normal?

I'm afraid that if I have to leave Belgium for some reason then my wife's job would be in trouble. How should we tackle this situation?

Thank you in advance!

Hi ,
Thanks for your response .
I have asked my employer and they contacted the migration department.
I was told that my file will be addressed probably this week.

Hi Rajpnr,

She may start working based on her dependent visa status. After that employer need to apply for her SP which is very much possible as far as I know. Once she receives SP her visa status will also be changed from dependent to independent. In between of the process if you are asked to leave than your wife can stay if SP has been filled for her. Your wife's RP will not be de-registered with yours (you may kindly check in commune as well).

Hello all,

Here is my timeline

Applied date: 23/05/2019
Admissible: 05/06/2019
WP: 07/06/2019
SP: 27/08/2019
Region: Flanders
Application type: Fresh

Congratulations. 1 year or 3 years? I have the exact dates as yours but for extension. Fingers crossed for the final approval.

Thanks It's for 1 year only. Bcs of fresh application maybe.

Does anyone knows if one can travel to belgium while the single permit application is in process. As a US Citizen I do not need a visa to travel to belgium for stay upto 90 days. So I am trying to figure out if I can go there for few weeks while my single permit application is in process or not?

Update for my file -
Applied - 08th July,2019
Admissible - 12th August, 2019
Single Permit - waiting
Region - Brussels

When i asked my employer to check the status, This morning they forwarded the email they received from Ministry.

Bonjour,

Le dossier est déjà traiter. C'est maintenant au signature.

Bien à vous,

Does anybody knew or aware of what it means? Is my work Authorization approved?

shaans wrote:

Update for my file -
Applied - 08th July,2019
Admissible - 12th August, 2019
Single Permit - waiting
Region - Brussels

When i asked my employer to check the status, This morning they forwarded the email they received from Ministry.

Bonjour,

Le dossier est déjà traiter. C'est maintenant au signature.

Bien à vous,

Does anybody knew or aware of what it means? Is my work Authorization approved?

When you translate it says,

"The folder is already processing.  It's now signing."

it would mean that your file is in process for work authorization.