New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

Hi Anant,

As likenoother.sam said Original Residence permit means your NL residence permit.

I am still working through the process of obtaining my Visa D from the Embassy of Belgium in Prague. I am not sure how long will it take, I hope its quick for you. I am having delay issue due to large number of applicants in the Embassy of Belgium in Prague. They told me it will take few weeks time once applied.

Best regards,

Prathik

Thanks everyone for your help and I have one more question, when we make a criminal record from police station, they should direct it to a place, when I asked ibz through email they replied to make it "To: Whome it may concern" but at the police station they refused this and told me they must direct it to certain place, so I made it "To: Government of Kingdom of Belgium"
I don't if this will make a problem!

You can address it to the kingdom of Belgium.
That's how I did it.

Hello All,

I know with a single permit allows you to work within Belgium only.

Just want to know if the found job in a nearby country (e.g Netherlands, France )  Can we travel in the morning and work there and come back in the evening/night?

Do people/Expat follow this in the EU ?

Kindly share your experience here

Thank you

abhay5050 wrote:

Hello All,

Just want to know if the found job in a nearby country (e.g Netherlands, France )  Can we travel in the morning and work there and come back in the evening/night?

Thank you

Hier,

What's the definition of a work permit? To give to someone authorization for working in one country. Not in another...

phipiemar wrote:
abhay5050 wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you

Hier,

What's the definition of a work permit? To give to someone authorization for working in one country. Not in another...

As I said I know the Single permit allows work within Belgium, before commenting kindly read the post carefully.

Just want to know ... the possibilities, So answer supposed to be 'NO' right! simple.

abhay5050 wrote:

As I said I know the Single permit allows work within Belgium, before commenting kindly read the post carefully.

Just want to know ... the possibilities, So answer supposed to be 'NO' right! simple.

Hi,

Do you see in Belgium, we have a saying that: before telling the neighbor to sweep in front of his door, he must do his first.  So before you want to give me a lesson, put your profile correctly.  Because you describe yourself as an Indian looking for information about Singapore ...

And you're asking information on Belgian work permit...

abhay5050 wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you

As a Non-EU citizen, you are only allowed to work in the country that authorised your WP/RP. So you can only work in Belgium if you have a Belgian WP/RP. However, you can do freelancing across EU as a consultant. Say, you have a freelancing job in NL, you will still be taxed in Belgium because you are a tax resident only in Belgium. With your Belgian RP, you can of course travel across Europe but 90 days out of 180 days rule applies.

In short, you cannot work anywhere else. If you are caught violating, you will be recorded in VIS and have to forget about further visa/WP/renewal in future.

Make sense?

Hello All,

Thank you for all the valuable information in this thread on Single permit.
I have applied for my WP renewal on 27/05/2019. My current WP is valid till 31/08/2019 and RP is valid till 30/11/2019.
Here my question is what if I didn't get my WP extension or single permit before the expiration of my current WP. I should stop working and wait till i receive my new single permit?

Waiting for valuable advice and information on this.

Thank you.

I appreciate the useful updates by the members of this forum. Here are my details.

Date of Application: 19th April 2019
Application Acceptance: 2nd May 2019
Region Work Permit Approval: 10th May 2019
Residence Permit Approval from Foreign Office: Pending
Consular for Visa D: Canberra, Australia

As per my immigration lawyers, ETA for Residence Permit is 10 to 11 weeks from Region Work Permit Approval date. Until last week this was 8 to 9 weeks. In dofi.ibz.be too it was 9 weeks as per June 2019 update.

Hi everyone, I have finally received my single work permit. Thank you all for you time and advice. I am sharing with you my timeline:

Application submitted. 01-03-2019
Work permit received: 02-05-2019
Final decision granted: 08-07-2019
Visa D submitted: 15-07-2019 and currently waiting for a response.
New application from the wallon region.

They have made a mistake in my email address so my employer received the single permit confirmation email but I didn't. I have asked my employer to notify the contact person at Office des Étrangers. They do not respond to phone calls but are quick to make the necessary changes if you send them an email.

I was also positively surprised because I didn't have to pay any fee for the visa D application...

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision.

Aldi25 wrote:

Hi everyone, I have finally received my single work permit. Thank you all for you time and advice. I am sharing with you my timeline:

They have made a mistake in my email address so my employer received the single permit confirmation email but I didn't. I have asked my employer to notify the contact person at Office des Étrangers. They do not respond to phone calls but are quick to make the necessary changes if you send them an email.

I was also positively surprised because I didn't have to pay any fee for the visa D application...

Hello dear, in every of your post the application date you provide is different. You said it was on 20/02, then on 22/02, now you say it was 01/03. Can you please be more specific what is the exact application day?  :( Then we can more or less understand the real timelines

My manager and HR gave me different dates. I double checked and it was actually 01.03.2019.

Aldi25 wrote:

Congratulations on the single permit.
I am going to submit my Visa D request in the embassy of Belgium in Paris on July 26 and I have been told that the Visa D application might get up to 20 working days to be issued. I have been also told that the Visa fee is 180 Euros per applicant so I am surprised why they did not charge you, maybe your company has paid the fee!

likenoother.sam wrote:
abhay5050 wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you

As a Non-EU citizen, you are only allowed to work in the country that authorised your WP/RP. So you can only work in Belgium if you have a Belgian WP/RP. However, you can do freelancing across EU as a consultant. Say, you have a freelancing job in NL, you will still be taxed in Belgium because you are a tax resident only in Belgium. With your Belgian RP, you can of course travel across Europe but 90 days out of 180 days rule applies.

In short, you cannot work anywhere else. If you are caught violating, you will be recorded in VIS and have to forget about further visa/WP/renewal in future.

Make sense?

Hi,

Thanks for the information and yes it makes sense.

Hello Everyone,

The following are my timelines

First application: 28th march
Work permit approval: 9th may
Single permit approval: 16th July

Thanks everyone for your support. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Kind regards,
Naveen

naveenhariprasad wrote:

Hello Everyone,

The following are my timelines

First application: 28th march
Work permit approval: 9th may
Single permit approval: 16th July

Thanks everyone for your support. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Kind regards,
Naveen

Dear, congrats! Please clarify if 28/03 is the admissibility date or submission date?

it was the submission date. I have no idea when it was declared admissible

HI, I filed for single permit through my employer on 22nd Feb.
My WP was approved on 22nd March and my employer go the WP letter alone. I havent still received the RP.
The 120 days after WP approval will be over by this week - 21st july.
Anybody has any idea how to proceed after this? My employer also do not have any updates from authorities? I have applied in Flanders region

Retheesh_MR wrote:

HI, I filed for single permit through my employer on 22nd Feb.
My WP was approved on 22nd March and my employer go the WP letter alone. I havent still received the RP.
The 120 days after WP approval will be over by this week - 21st july.
Anybody has any idea how to proceed after this? My employer also do not have any updates from authorities? I have applied in Flanders region

Hey, i have reached 120 days last week and still no news.. Looks like they do not have a structural procedure yet how to do if the dead line is reached :(
As well, i suppose it is not actually a WP, but admissibility letter. It is Region who sends admissibility letter and it is sent only to the employer.

As they dont have any process to check the timeline I think we should inform them if 120 days elapsed.. In some of their information site it is said to contact only after the timeline expired. Its not sure they will timely respond... I think employer is getting its done through some agent, not sure they have some way to contact..

Retheesh_MR wrote:

As they dont have any process to check the timeline I think we should inform them if 120 days elapsed.. In some of their information site it is said to contact only after the timeline expired. Its not sure they will timely respond... I think employer is getting its done through some agent, not sure they have some way to contact..

My employer is planning to call tomorrow, it will be 125 days. Normally, they should digitize the applications, so i suppose there should be some kind of pop-up once the application reaches the deadline. We shall see, i am sure they still did not structured this step yet :(

OK, pls update here if you come to learn about any new process for the expired applications..

Good afternoon Everyone,

I am quite interested to compare and analyze the timelines of people who have already received their approved single permits.

Am I correct in assuming that the general timeframe from WP approval to final RP is around 70 days?

TIA
Regards
Eben

Follow up question, if I may?

Does anyone have a suggestion and /or method of following the progress of their single permit application?

I would hate to be a menace to the authorities/representatives responsible for the decision and thus negatively jeopordise my application. 🤔

TIA

Eben

Ebenjb73 wrote:

Follow up question, if I may?

Does anyone have a suggestion and /or method of following the progress of their single permit application?

I would hate to be a menace to the authorities/representatives responsible for the decision and thus negatively jeopordise my application. 🤔

TIA

Eben

Nope, dear. At the moment you cannot follow it up anyhow besides calling/texting the authorities, which is, of course, might have a negative impact on your file. So, unfortunately, only to wait. It is crazy frustrating, but no any other options :(

Thank you for the response👍

Hi,

Is there a time frame within which you need to arrive in Belgium after the single permit is received?

HI,

i applied single Permit on March 25 and got my single Permit on July 09. Now i need clarification on getting dependent visa.

I am yet to get some of legalized documents to initiate the process for dependent visa, but we have urgent need to travel to Brussels. so i thought of getting my visa , travel to Belgium and then apply Dependent visa for them. However, my dependents have plan to travel to Belgium only after 2 -3 months

Some said that it would take more than 5 months to get dependent visa if applied after reaching Belgium. I need your inputs here,

Can i wait for some more time and process my dependents visa along with me?

or

Travel to Belgium and initiate the process, in this case any inputs on timeline? any have applied the dependent visa with new procedure?

Thanks in Advance!

vel23 wrote:

HI,

i applied single Permit on March 25 and got my single Permit on July 09. Now i need clarification on getting dependent visa.

I am yet to get some of legalized documents to initiate the process for dependent visa, but we have urgent need to travel to Brussels. so i thought of getting my visa , travel to Belgium and then apply Dependent visa for them. However, my dependents have plan to travel to Belgium only after 2 -3 months

Some said that it would take more than 5 months to get dependent visa if applied after reaching Belgium. I need your inputs here,

Can i wait for some more time and process my dependents visa along with me?

or

Travel to Belgium and initiate the process, in this case any inputs on timeline? any have applied the dependent visa with new procedure?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Vel 23
Would you be willing to post your issue date for WP and final approval for info purposes?

TIA
Eben

**Friendly Note**

Can we not use this thread as a "Chit Chat room" but for the reason, Expat.com exists which is to share [in this case to] your experiences with problems enquiring the visas etc....

HI Kostadorn,
Was your employer able to call them? You got any update?

Dear all,

I will be in Belgium (Leuven-city) from 1st week of August.

I am planning to take an apartment. If any one interested to join, Please let me know.

or if any available shared rooms please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Retheesh_MR wrote:

HI Kostadorn,
Was your employer able to call them? You got any update?

Nope, no any updates :(

:|

Good day everyone,
I have taken information posted in this thread and compiled the following stats.
First column is date of WP issued
Second column is date of SP issued
Third column is number of days between WP and SP
Fourth column is number of weeks
Fifth column is number of months
Please do not regard the provided information as an official guideline to your own timelines and I state that the information is purely of an informative nature.
Regards
Eben

WP Appr SP Appr Days - SP Weeks Months

26 Feb       4 Jul.      128.           18.3.       4.2
26 Mar.     13 Jun.      72.           10.3.      2.4
13 Mar.      16 May.   64.           9.1.         2.1
14 Mar.      22 May.   69.           9.9.         2.3
20 Mar.      4 Jun.       76.           10.9.      2.5
23 Mar.      5 Jun.       74.           10.6.      2.4
25 Mar.      13 Jul.      80.            11.4.     2.6
27 Mar.      5 Jun.       70.            10.        2.3
29 Mar.      23 May.    55.            7.9.      1.8
30 Mar.      14 May.    45.            6.4.       1.5
2 Apr.          13 Jun.     72.            10.3.     2.4
9 Apr.          10 Jul.       92.            13.1.     3
16 April.      16 Jul.       61.            8.7.       2
30 Apr.        12 Jul.       73.            10.4.     2.4
2 May.         8 Jul.         66.             9.4.      2.2
3 May.         3 Jul.         61.             8.7.      2
9 May.         16 Jul.        68.            9.7.      2.2

Averages.                       72.1.        10.3.     2.4

Hi everyone
Anybody on here that had their WP approved after 9 May 2019 and now recently had their SP approved?
TIA
Eben

Ebenjb73 wrote:

Good day everyone,
I have taken information posted in this thread and compiled the following stats.
First column is date of WP issued
Second column is date of SP issued
Third column is number of days between WP and SP
Fourth column is number of weeks
Fifth column is number of months
Please do not regard the provided information as an official guideline to your own timelines and I state that the information is purely of an informative nature.
Regards
Eben

WP Appr SP Appr Days - SP Weeks Months

26 Feb       4 Jul.      128.           18.3.       4.2
26 Mar.     13 Jun.      72.           10.3.      2.4
13 Mar.      16 May.   64.           9.1.         2.1
14 Mar.      22 May.   69.           9.9.         2.3
20 Mar.      4 Jun.       76.           10.9.      2.5
23 Mar.      5 Jun.       74.           10.6.      2.4
25 Mar.      13 Jul.      80.            11.4.     2.6
27 Mar.      5 Jun.       70.            10.        2.3
29 Mar.      23 May.    55.            7.9.      1.8
30 Mar.      14 May.    45.            6.4.       1.5
2 Apr.          13 Jun.     72.            10.3.     2.4
9 Apr.          10 Jul.       92.            13.1.     3
16 April.      16 Jul.       61.            8.7.       2
30 Apr.        12 Jul.       73.            10.4.     2.4
2 May.         8 Jul.         66.             9.4.      2.2
3 May.         3 Jul.         61.             8.7.      2
9 May.         16 Jul.        68.            9.7.      2.2

Averages.                       72.1.        10.3.     2.4

You have done great job buddy, Appreciate your efforts.

Infomration so helpfull.

Hi Ebenjb23,

I really appreciate your effort and hard work on this.
Maybe I could have not done it like you.
And I can't comment on this but however one suggestion is if you have added 3 more columns stating date of applied and application acceptance,  region issued it would have been great.

Still there is no match for the work you carried out on this- hats of to you man..  :top::top:

gokulgmb wrote:

Hi Ebenjb23,

I really appreciate your effort and hard work on this.
Maybe I could have not done it like you.
And I can't comment on this but however one suggestion is if you have added 3 more columns stating date of applied and application acceptance,  region issued it would have been great.

Still there is no match for the work you carried out on this- hats of to you man..  :top::top:

@gokulgmb
No worries, thanks for the heads-up. I am working on a better format and maybe it will be possible to have a separate thread where members can add their own data in specified fields? I am no web guru and would appreciate assistance from members if this is possible. I tried keeping info confidential and not mention names but maybe we could persaud members to send me their details and I'll gladly add onto set template?
Cheers
Eben