New Single Work Permit Procedure - Belgium

finally i got it today.
1.submit:2019/3/14
2.submit one more document as demanded:2019/4/1
3.WP:2019/4/9
4.RP(SINGLE PERMIT/FINAL PERIMIT):2019/7/10

gainchan wrote:

hello everyone above,
thanks for your sharing and it is really help, and i got many useful information here enven i remained silent for a long period, i am willing to share my time line of this F***ing single permit as following:
1.submit:14th of March
2.submit one more document as demanded: 1st of APR
3.WP:9th of APR
4.RP(SINGLE PERMIT/FINAL PERIMIT):WAITING
everyone's applying is treated as a single case because these stuffs are still learnner of this filed.
i have been in Belgium with the bussiness visa which will allow me stay here for maximum 90 days within 180 days, i am waiting more desperately than almost  every one here. i will keep update if i am informed later.
one more information: my employer called the foreign office and they said that more time is expected to be needed as the summer is approaching. LMAO.

All,

I had applied for SP on 6th June and i did not get any further updates post that. Today, i reached out to immigration office and they informed me that further documentation is required and this has been communicated back to employer long back. For me, all immigration formalities are handled by Erns. However, they did not inform me about any such requests.

So, it might help others to reach out and know the updates rather than waiting for updates . Just a thought. you can reach out through the phone number mentioned in werk.be

Lav_Sharma wrote:

Dear Guys,

I am a non-Eu citizen living in Portugal. I am eligible to travel within Europe and Belgium. I got a job offer in a private company in Ghent and to me, it looks like I am eligible (along with my employer) to file an application for a Single Work Permit.
However, I do not understand the concept of residence of commune. Do I need to find a residence first in order for my card to be delivered in Ghent? Or should I need to still apply for a working visa in Portugal to come to Belgium and then find a residence of commune?

Any suggestion to understand this technicality will be highly appreciated.

best regards,
Lav

Hello,

In theory, to facilitate and speed up the process, Belgium has launched the single permit. Regarding your future official address, the Belgian state knows very well that you will need time to find a permanent home. That's why he's left a three month period.

As a result, negotiate with your employer for temporary housing.

Friends,

I received mine today (renewal):
Region: Flanders
Date of submission: 23/04/2019
Date declared admissible: 06/05/2019
Date of single permit approval: 10/07/2019

Hope you also get it soon.

Thanks.

Dear all,

Here the timelines of my application:

Application: Renewal
Region: brussel
Date of submission: 10/05/2019
Date declared admissible: 17/05/2019
Wp approval: 29/05/2019
Sp approval: 08/07/2019

Kr,

Hello,

I too received my single permit today (Fresh application - Flemish). Here are my timelines

Date of submission: 25/03/2019
Date declared admissible: 08/04/2019
Date of Work permit approval: 09/04/2019
Date of single permit approval: 10/07/2019

Thanks everyone for the inputs. Hope you all get it soon.

Best regards,

Prathik.

Hello Parthik,

Congrats for getting the work permit. As I see that you are from Prague. So did you first come to Belgium on a temporary working visa for Belgium. Or did you wait in Czech for your single permit to be delivered from the embassy there? I am asking this as I do not want to miss the deadline by which I should start working in Belgium.

I am from Portugal and I hold a card to travel to Belgium when I want, however, to work, the things are different.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

regards,
Lav

Hello @Lav_Sharma,

I'm in similiar situation as non-EU citizen with residence permit in Portugal and waiting for working permit / residence to work in Belgium.

The information I've got from the Belgium consulate in Lisbon is that I need to apply for the visa type D at the consulate as I cannot work in Belgium without this visa stamp in my passport, even though I have permission to work in Portugal it is not extended to other EU countries.

But if you are portuguese citizen, then it might be different. :)

Cheers!

Dear Juliana,

Thanks for your reply. Are you also looking to apply for a single work permit which is applied by the employer along with the employer's documents. In case your working contract is at least one year and the annual salary is equal or above 43000 euros, I guess that is the permit that is required. However, if the consulate is advising a working visa type D then I guess that may work.

Please see the link below, and let's stay connected. I will appreciate future correspondences a lot.

http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … -qualified

best regards,
Lav

Hi Lav,

My employer applied for the single permit and it was processed considering my residence address in Prague, So I was waiting in Prague. Now I will have to apply for the Visa D at the Belgian embassy in Prague then go to Belgium, get a residence and register at the municipal house after this I can work.

Even can travel to Belgium when I want, but it's not possible to work with this. Also, the Visa D stamp is required when registering at the municipal house as they have not been intimated about the my single permit.

I missed my start date by a long margin due to the delays. So I would suggest to plan the start date taking into consideration the full 4 months required for SP approval.

Best regards,

Prathik

Hi Friends,

Does someone clarify my doubt on the single permit ?

"Grant of Work permit" and "single permit" are two different permission document ? Or After we receive the WP, we go to the commune and we receive a new Residence card which includes the work authorization : YES and that's the Single permit?

Here are my timelines :

Region: Brussels
Date of submission: First week of April
Date declared admissible: 26/04/2019
WP approval : Waiting for validation.
Single Permit :  -

Thanks.

Hello everybody,

Is there anyone whose SP application fully rejected?

I've applied for permit a while ago and assessing if I gotta resign to start notice period before SP process is conclued.

Rg,

gowthamj wrote:

Hi Friends,

Does someone clarify my doubt on the single permit ?

"Grant of Work permit" and "single permit" are two different permission document ? Or After we receive the WP, we go to the commune and we receive a new Residence card which includes the work authorization : YES and that's the Single permit?

Here are my timelines :

Region: Brussels
Date of submission: First week of April
Date declared admissible: 26/04/2019
WP approval : Waiting for validation.
Single Permit :  -

Thanks.

Hi,

I don't know if you already pay attention to that. But you can see a magnifying glass on top of your screen, click on it and type "single permit". WOW, 45 topics about it..... So READ ABOUT THEM

https://www.expat.com/en/search/europe/belgium/

Regards

Dear Prathik,

Thanks for your reply and for your kind elaboration on the issue. This really answers most of my queries.
Just one more thing. Do I need to get my documents translated from English to another language, e.g., French or Dutch? As what I can see is they accept police clearance certificate in English also. So, if they have to be translated then how did you find a sworn translator who is accredited by the Belgium government, in Czech? Or any translator who writes an oath will also do?

Thanks for your patience and I wish you a great time in Belgium,

Best Regards,
Lav Sharma

Hi Lav,

Just need to go to belgian embassy.

In all countries, embassies / consulates have a list of certified interpreters / translators.

Lav_Sharma wrote:

Dear Prathik,

Thanks for your reply and for your kind elaboration on the issue. This really answers most of my queries.
Just one more thing. Do I need to get my documents translated from English to another language, e.g., French or Dutch? As what I can see is they accept police clearance certificate in English also. So, if they have to be translated then how did you find a sworn translator who is accredited by the Belgium government, in Czech? Or any translator who writes an oath will also do?

Thanks for your patience and I wish you a great time in Belgium,

Best Regards,
Lav Sharma

My documents were translated in english only. It is acceptable in english too.

Hello Lav,

You don't need to translate any documents to French or Dutch. They accept everything in English. But you probably will have to translate the Police clearance from Portuguese to English as I had to translate from Czech to English. You can use any sworn/government certified translator in Portugal.

Best regards,

Prathik!

Dear Prathik, Phipiemar and Kostadorn,

Thanks, guys for your kind replies. For now, I guess every doubt is clear. I am still waiting for the final contract letter from my employer. As soon as I have the contract letter, I will go to Belgium and start the application along with my employer. Once they apply for the process there, I will wait patiently here in Portugal.

Best Regards,
Lav Sharma

Hi All,

I live in Amsterdam and I paid fee for Belgium permit on 1 April.
Then on 24 May I received a mail from my employer that "We have received for your case a letter informing us that in the context of your application for a single permit, the "employment" part was already granted by "Brussels Emploi Economie"

Important : I didn't receive any mail from Belgium Embassy till that time.

My employer also asked me in same mail that "We are still waiting for an agreement from the "Office des étrangers " on the "residence" part.

You or the Belgian Embassy (depending on whether or not you already live in Belgium) will normally receive a letter within the coming weeks (we can not be more specific) informing you that your application for a single permit is accepted;
Please send us any communications you receive so that we can also assess the progress."

I understood that wp is approved on 24 May and I am waiting for singl1 permit approval.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I can't stay in Amsterdam after 2 August so is it safe to go back to India and then Join new company .... Or I can go to Belgium directly after 2 august.??

Thanks in advance.

Anant Agrawal

Does anyone know the phone number of Office des Estrangers to call and inquire about my WP? My employer is keen to talk to them about the progress

Hi Anant,

As per my understanding you are correct. You are waiting for your final single permit approval. The Belgium embassy will convey it to you.

If you have used your Netherlands address on the single permit application, you probably will have to apply for Visa D at the Embassy of Belgium in Netherlands. If you go back to India/move to Belgium you must have no problems to come back to Netherlands to apply and collect your Visa D.

Hope you get your permit soon!

Best regards,

Prathik!

Hello everyone,

I too received my single permit today (Fresh application - Flemish).  There are some mistakes in my personal details, I am wondering how long does it take to be corrected. Will it be a problem for applying visa-D.
Here are my timelines

Date of submission: 05/04/2019
Date declared admissible: 24/04/2019
Date of Work permit approval: 25/04/2019
Date of single permit approval: 11/07/2019

Thanks everyone for the inputs. Hope you all get it soon.

Best regards,

Suresh.

Prathik_ wrote:

You don't need to translate any documents to French or Dutch. They accept everything in English. But you probably will have to translate the Police clearance from Portuguese to English as I had to translate from Czech to English. You can use any sworn/government certified translator in Portugal.

Sorry but you're wrong.

https://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/servic … h_dutch_or

"Does the document to be legalised have to be drawn up in French, Dutch or German?
The document must in any case be signed by a public official and drawn up in one of the following languages: French, Dutch, German, English, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese."

now, let's be honest, you'll avoid problem with the administration if you have fr/nl/en/de papers depending of your future hometown...

likenoother.sam wrote:

Does anyone know the phone number of Office des Estrangers to call and inquire about my WP? My employer is keen to talk to them about the progress

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/news … odesk.aspx

They might hang out if you don't speak fr/nl... just so you know...

Hi
My application was 20 days before yours... and I received swp on 24 june..
By that maths.. I believe you ll gwt by next week. Just wait for another week.
I am joining in first week of august...
To be honest i dint think 1 August is a realistic joining date for u..
As visa processing will also take sometime..
Although its quick...

All the best

Regards karan

In this nightmare called single permit process, I used the posts in this forum to keep myself sane a lot to feel I am not alone in this.
So I wanted to share my calendar of the nightmare for future unlucky people who wants to work in Belgium:

Reason of application: Job change.
First Application: 13/04/2019
Regional Approval: 08/05/2019
WP Approved by bxl: 11/07/2019

So, between the regional permit and bxl permit, there is a 9 weeks of gap, which is written on ibz website.

This waiting procedure, made me spend significant amount of my financial savings, my energy, my prestige in my career and in general, my well-being.
Waiting for 3-3.5 months for a person who fulfills all legal conditions is not inside the boundaries of common logic. These people are scientists, engineers, or any other people that have a very high intelligence There is no way of compensating people's loss on this waiting time.

Advice to Belgium State from an individual's perspective:
If any Belgian authority is reading this forum I would like to share my opinion:
This new procedure will affect the economical and sociological well being of this country very badly in a very short time and it will be visible by Belgians very soon. Realistically; a closed job market will not be able to expand in tech\science\engineering fields and will lose the global economical competition resulting in significant amount of income loss. This also expands to people who had masters or even PhD degrees in Belgium with non-eu nationality, for whom a lot of Belgium tax money is spent for. Also, it gives a feeling of unfairness and mistreatment to these highly educated people that might end up with motivation issues in longer term. For example, a scientist that normally works in Belgium may prefer other countries to start the ground breaking scientific startup/research just for this reason.

I already know two global companies in my limited field that transferred all its Belgium operations to another European country because of this '''problem''. This trend will continue as it looks very strange and unfair for a global company to open job adds with a remark of -''only European citizens''-, excluding the work force they reach using their invested network. They will simply move out of Belgium not to do that. So if attracting world's greatest brains goals are still valid, this need to be fixed without losing a day.

Advice to non-eu highly skilled people:
This is not the time to apply for jobs in Belgium. Waiting time is unrealistic for companies which means you don't have a chance over a EU citizen even if you possess extreme skills. You will start your job with a frustration feeling from the company. If you already have a job in Belgium and you are mistreated, discriminated, do not try to change your job. If you don't like your job or a better offer came from Belgium, again, don't even consider it.

This procedure thought me my place...

ogusguven wrote:

In this nightmare called single permit process, I used the posts in this forum to keep myself sane a lot to feel I am not alone in this.
So I wanted to share my calendar of the nightmare for future unlucky people who wants to work in Belgium:

Reason of application: Job change.
First Application: 13/04/2019
Regional Approval: 08/05/2019
WP Approved by bxl: 11/07/2019

So, between the regional permit and bxl permit, there is a 9 weeks of gap, which is written on ibz website.

This waiting procedure, made me spend significant amount of my financial savings, my energy, my prestige in my career and in general, my well-being.
Waiting for 3-3.5 months for a person who fulfills all legal conditions is not inside the boundaries of common logic. These people are scientists, engineers, or any other people that have a very high intelligence There is no way of compensating people's loss on this waiting time.

Advice to Belgium State from an individual's perspective:
If any Belgian authority is reading this forum I would like to share my opinion:
This new procedure will affect the economical and sociological well being of this country very badly in a very short time and it will be visible by Belgians very soon. Realistically; a closed job market will not be able to expand in tech\science\engineering fields and will lose the global economical competition resulting in significant amount of income loss. This also expands to people who had masters or even PhD degrees in Belgium with non-eu nationality, for whom a lot of Belgium tax money is spent for. Also, it gives a feeling of unfairness and mistreatment to these highly educated people that might end up with motivation issues in longer term. For example, a scientist that normally works in Belgium may prefer other countries to start the ground breaking scientific startup/research just for this reason.

I already know two global companies in my limited field that transferred all its Belgium operations to another European country because of this '''problem''. This trend will continue as it looks very strange and unfair for a global company to open job adds with a remark of -''only European citizens''-, excluding the work force they reach using their invested network. They will simply move out of Belgium not to do that. So if attracting world's greatest brains goals are still valid, this need to be fixed without losing a day.

Advice to non-eu highly skilled people:
This is not the time to apply for jobs in Belgium. Waiting time is unrealistic for companies which means you don't have a chance over a EU citizen even if you possess extreme skills. You will start your job with a frustration feeling from the company. If you already have a job in Belgium and you are mistreated, discriminated, do not try to change your job. If you don't like your job or a better offer came from Belgium, again, don't even consider it.

This procedure thought me my place...

Someone's talking sense. I have worked in at least 9 countries across the globe and found out many European countries are notoriously slow in processing WP applications. Fortunately (or not?) Belgium is not alone in this Bizarrely complicated system of approving WP. The waiting indeed cost both the State and candidates alike.

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the required documents, on the ibz website, it states that the medical certificate should be from a center recognized by th embassy, so I sent to ibz if I should legalize the certificate from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Embassy or just the Embassy, someone replied with needless legalization for the certificate, does that mean I have to legalize it from the embassy only or it's not important at all for any legalization? Those who applied, what did you do?

In my case..
The employer was asking to get legalize medical certificate, although issued by embassy approved Doctor.

Thanks but did you legalize it from the Embassy only? Or you needed to legalize it from Ministry of Foreign Affairs too?
Thanks in advance

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:

Thanks but did you legalize it from the Embassy only? Or you needed to legalize it from Ministry of Foreign Affairs too?
Thanks in advance

Just the embassy. Embassy will affix a sticker at the back stating the document is Legalised

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

In my case, I found the list of trusted doctors on the website of the Belgium embassy.

BehnamB wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

In my case, I found the list of trusted doctors on the website of the Belgium embassy.

I did the same but does that mean you don't have to legalize it from the Embassy the the medical center is realized by the embassy, I think you have to legalize it from the embassy but I'm not sure, when I asked ibz about legalization from either MoFA and Embassy or Embassy only, they replied with one line I'm not sure if the meant not legalize from both or only the MoFA, they said: "Needless legalization for medical certificate".

I think I still should legalize it from the embassy or I can ask in the legalization department as the embassy phone numbers are not answered! I don't need to send something I'm not sure of so I got delayed of more requirements.

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
BehnamB wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I did the same but does that mean you don't have to legalize it from the Embassy the the medical center is realized by the embassy, I think you have to legalize it from the embassy but I'm not sure, when I asked ibz about legalization from either MoFA and Embassy or Embassy only, they replied with one line I'm not sure if the meant not legalize from both or only the MoFA, they said: "Needless legalization for medical certificate".

I think I still should legalize it from the embassy or I can ask in the legalization department as the embassy phone numbers are not answered! I don't need to send something I'm not sure of so I got delayed of more requirements.

You do not have to legalize the medical certificate if it is made by the doctor from the list of the Embassy. Legalization is needed in case you used the doctor which is unknown/not authorized as acceptable for Belgium. Only in this case.

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the required documents, on the ibz website, it states that the medical certificate should be from a center recognized by th embassy, so I sent to ibz if I should legalize the certificate from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Embassy or just the Embassy, someone replied with needless legalization for the certificate, does that mean I have to legalize it from the embassy only or it's not important at all for any legalization? Those who applied, what did you do?

Hi,

You have to legalize from both the ministry and embassy. This is how I did it.

Depending on where you live; so if you live in your home country its from the ministry in your country and the Belgian embassy. If you live in another country from their ministry and the embassy.

Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
BehnamB wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Well, I did not legalize anything! I just sent the medical certificate I got from the doctor and I got my single permit about 10 days ago. I assume legalizing the certificate issued by a trusted doctor is illogical. If the Doctor is trusted by the embassy then what he/she issues should be legitimate for administrative purposes. However, I advise you to contact the embassy of Belgium and get the info from the source. Nonetheless, you can always legalize anything to be safe!

BehnamB wrote:
Ahmed_Talaat wrote:
BehnamB wrote:

Hi,

Well, I did not legalize anything! I just sent the medical certificate I got from the doctor and I got my single permit about 10 days ago. I assume legalizing the certificate issued by a trusted doctor is illogical. If the Doctor is trusted by the embassy then what he/she issues should be legitimate for administrative purposes. However, I advise you to contact the embassy of Belgium and get the info from the source. Nonetheless, you can always legalize anything to be safe!

Why does everyone complicate the thinks? BehnamB is right! If you do the certificate by the APPROVED doctor (one which Embassy gives you), you DON`T HAVE TO LEGALIZE IT! If you go to your family doctor from your city, then you have to. Better do it at once at the approved authorized doctor and that`s it, no any extra paper work.

Hello All,

I don't know what the correct procedure is but I just state what I had done.

"I got the medical certificate filled up by an Embassy approved doctor and then had to get the document legalized at the same Embassy which gave me the contact of the doctor"

Hello All,

I don't know what the correct procedure is but I just state what I had done.

"I got the medical certificate filled up by an Embassy approved doctor and then had to get the document legalized at the same Embassy which gave me the contact of the doctor"

Hi Prathik,

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to inform that I received annexure 46 today via mail.

Also I check with Belgium Embassy in Netherlands for further process and came to know that I have to apply for VISA D.

Required documents contain Original Residence permit...and I am not sure where to collect it.

Could you please share if you have any information on the same.

Also please share total time duration required for entering Belgium from Amsterdam as I can be in Amsterdam till 2 August.

Thanks in advance,
Anant Agrawal

Ishaananant wrote:

Hi Prathik,

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to inform that I received annexure 46 today via mail.

Also I check with Belgium Embassy in Netherlands for further process and came to know that I have to apply for VISA D.

Required documents contain Original Residence permit...and I am not sure where to collect it.

Could you please share if you have any information on the same.

Also please share total time duration required for entering Belgium from Amsterdam as I can be in Amsterdam till 2 August.

Thanks in advance,
Anant Agrawal

Original Residence permit means you need to submit a copy+Ori of your NL residence permit when you submit your D application at Belgian Consulate in NL.