New Zealand student visa processing time

Great, thanks Ethan.

Hey Ethan,

After you uploaded the cover letter  stating its urgent in how many days did you get AIP?

you guys i got my AIP today..
Ethan i just want to know in the AIP they have given a set of documents to upload one of  it says revised offer letter i want to know if you also got the same set of documents and if its just a  standard  list cause my intake is not delayed i dont need revised offer letter.

Congrats Rochelle,
Did you receive Interview call?

Congratulations , rochelle did you receive the call?

No they called to ask me for audit reports. it wasnt an interview..

Hi Rochelle,
Congrats !!
Same here. It's just the standard. After you pay the tuition fee, uni will give you a revised offer of place (kind of official letter of acceptance to the program)

Hey Ethan, thanks for the confirmation.

Hey JoRoAn03, Did you get the visa yet after paying fees?

No, still waiting...

Congratulations Rochelle22

Hi guys I am new to the forum and i have been reading this for a while. This forum is so informative.

I also have applied for a student visa on 24th May for masters. My intake starts on early July but still no response.

@Rochelle22,

Could you kindly answer to the below questions.

Did they ask you to go for FTS?
What did you mention in your Urgency letter?
Did you upload the letter or your consultant did it for you?

Hey Prabhath,

Yes I have to pay my uni fees now and send the receipt to the embassy for final visa. My agent uploaded the urgent letter cause she is the one who handles my account. she mentioned that my intake is on July 1st which is only 3 weeks away so its urgent.

Thanks Rochelle.

Did they ask you to transfer the living cost to a NZ account as well?

May I know the name of your agency?
(pls inbox me)

No they didn't ask me to transfer living costs. Just the uni fees. I tried sending you private message I couldnt. Are you from sri Lanka

Ya Rochelle I am from Colombo.
I sent u message. Plz check ur inbox.

Thnx

Hi can anyone tell , what kind of questions they asking during phone call

Hello Everything,

After 84 days of applying with a complete profile, I got my visa approved today.
Here's my timeline, in brief, to give you a better idea.

March 21: Applied for visa online (full profile, uni fees paid; nothing missing)

May 29: Emailed INZ for an update (69 days after submission)

June 5: Received reply from INZ saying case officer is assigned, I should send an urgent letter explaining my urgency. (7 days after email inquiry)

June 6: Uploaded my letter into my RealMe account.

June 13: I received my visa approval (84 days after applying)

I am not sure if the urgent letter uploaded helped as I do not know when exactly my CO was assigned to do the time calculations. That said, I suggest everyone do upload one; if it doesn't help it won't hurt.

Good luck to you all, and I am looking forward to reading your good news :)

Hi,

I paid the fee on Friday and got university invoice and upload to INZ on Tuesday. And still waiting for visa

@ Juvan,  Congrats and thanks for the information.
Do you know how we can submit an urgency letter in case of paper submission?

Congratulations Juvanji,

@Juvanji,

Could you please tell is what have you mentioned in your letter of Urgency?

Could you please give me the format if there is any?

So only few people are waiting for there visas now most of the members have got there visas approved! Congratulations to all

My husband got AIP!!!  From 26 March. :lol:
His intake 19 July.
Now we are going to send my documents.

@vrajagopal

Sadly I do not know, but I think since you submitted at an immigration office, the best way is to call them directly or through your agent if you got one. If you do not know who your case officer is nor where are your papers processed, I suggest emailing INZ and asking for that information.

@Prabhath2019

My letter was more on the lenient side, do not forget that the CO has probably 100 applicants as well as yours, so better write him/her with extreme respect or the letter will hurt you!

Mine was so simple I included the following:

1- Greetings & appreciation
2- Saying that I understand how their job is and this letter is only asking how I can help
3- Briefly explaining my case (when I applied, how my documents are all ready, when will my classes start,  when is the next intake,etc)
4- Again I acknowledge their hard work and state that I am ready to help if they need me
5- Final thanks.

There is nothing more you can do really, and better come at them with respectful words rather than "Hey f$#@ where is my application!".

Hope this helps

Thanks Juvan. This really helps...

Hi everyone,
I applied for my visa online on 6th of April 2019. my course is graduate diploma in accounting at Manukau Institute of Technology in Auckland..it has been just over 2 months still have no response from INZ. Is there anyone who has the same story as me.will it take more time?i missed May intake :nothappy:

Any update guys?

Thanks a lot Juvanji for the information.

I'm waiting since January but no updates

Finally, I got my visa guys.,

Applied online 21st December 2018
Changed my course to Masters and got revised offer for next intake on 30th March 2019
Additional docs requested by INZ 25th May 2019
Received AIP on 5th June 2019
Paid fee 11th June 2019
At last, received the visa 14th June 2019.
Class starts on 19th August 2019.

Thanks everyone for supporting me by sharing your experience and information while waiting for the visa, and wish you all to get the visa soon.

Congrats to everyone who got Visa recently.

I guess I am unlucky here. I paid my fees on 7th April and till waiting for Visa.

@kashwini , @nikhilverma, @Barshabhatt  you guys received any updates?
Does anyone know about people who applied on January received their AIPs? (except Vijay)

I applied in April 2019
Received the mail from immigration regarding submission on 25 April and no update yet.
Made online inquiry on June 13 and came to know that to visa officer is allocated yet.

@harman89..is visa officer allocated for your file?

When did u applied in April..is it online or paper based?

Applied on April 24
No Visa officer allocated
Online mode

Okay..thanq fr d info Harman

Hi Everyone
I applied student visa on 24th May for my masters degree course which is going to start on 22nd July but no update yet.
If anyone in the same boat than please update or suggest any help.
Thanks

Today two  candidates got  call file lodged in April
11 April and 29 April

Hi Sam I also applied on 23rd May but still no update from them. I called the INZ several time what they were saying is my application is in the queue awaiting to be allocated to a Case Officer. My masters starts on early July.
I am so frustrated at the moment.

This is so painful, I talked to my immigration advisor and he said me to wait patiently.

@Harman
Do you know which college/University and course did they apply? 
I am also waiting for a response. Applied on 10th April. It's PgDiploma in IT at EIT. Classes starts on 22nd July

Hi Guys, Sorry for late reply.
I got my Final VISA today.

Applied on 17th January 2019 through paper submission.
Got Interview Call & AIP on same day i.e.  8th June