Healthcare insurance discounts

Hi everyone,

I'm considering whether to accept or not a traineeship in Amsterdam, from 3 to 6 months.

In Italy we don't have to pay for any insurance,  so everything is new to me here.

Since I've seen that super basic insurance is about 100euros/month, I was wondering if there's any discount or a more advantageous type of insurance for those who move to the Netherlands with a quite low income (I'm talking about 750euros gross per month).

Thank you,

Alex

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You can claim "zorgtoeslag" if your salary is less than 28,720 euro p/annum; the most you can get from this social benefit is 88 euro p/month, so you should pay the difference.  To qualify for it, you must:

Be 18  years or older
Have a Dutch health insurance
Have a residence permit and a BSN number (burger service nummer)

This link will take you to a webpage that lists a variety of different suppliers.  When you fill in the online form, when you enter your salary, it should automatically deduct the zorgtoeslag you are entitled to.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

For a decent insurance you pay around 110 euros. Yes you can get a lower price, but then you have to pay a lot extra when you go to a hospital or doctor.
My adviseis just go for a decent insurance.

Yes you will receive "zorgtoeslag":

"Conditions for the healthcare benefit
These are the conditions for you and your possible benefit partner:

You are 18 years of age or older.
You have Dutch healthcare insurance. Or you are registered with the CAK. If your partner has no Dutch healthcare insurance, only you will be entitled to the healthcare benefit.

Your (combined) income and capital are not too high.

You have the nationality of an EU country, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland."

The "zorgtoeslag " for your income is around 95 euros