Determined to relocate

Hi guys,

I have been looking on NZ websites and struggling to find a definite, comprehensive answer... I plan to move to NZ in the near future, I have a South African honors degree in Psychology and am registered with the Health Professions Council as a counselor, have been practicing for 3 years.

HOWEVER, in NZ I would have to have a masters degree to be able to register as a psychologist and practice (they do not recognize the registered counselor category). However, financially this is just not viable right now..

Does anyone know what kind of job I would be able to secure in the mean time with my qualification? I assume they would see it as just a BA?


You can may be start with nursing homes probably. While on job, you can continue with your studies that would make you eligible to secure ur original profession.

New topic