Determined to relocate

Hi guys,

I have been looking on NZ websites and struggling to find a definite, comprehensive answer... I plan to move to NZ in the near future, I have a South African honors degree in Psychology and am registered with the Health Professions Council as a counselor, have been practicing for 3 years.

HOWEVER, in NZ I would have to have a masters degree to be able to register as a psychologist and practice (they do not recognize the registered counselor category). However, financially this is just not viable right now..

Does anyone know what kind of job I would be able to secure in the mean time with my qualification? I assume they would see it as just a BA?

xx

You can may be start with nursing homes probably. While on job, you can continue with your studies that would make you eligible to secure ur original profession.

Hi Free.Nina, as I see you want to move to New Zealand. I am a digital marketing student currently in New Zealand have been in the place for some while, I am in the process of creating a blog for migrants in NZ, who are here and want to come here. the blog will have helpful articles along with real-life stories of migrants who have settled in NZ.

For the same, it will be a great help if you can answer a quick questionnaire for me to be able to help the students and new migrants like yourself better.  Your help will be much appreciated. Here's the link
[link under review]

Thanks  a ton,
Mikshu