CPR renewal and local address

Hello I have read many posts on this subject but would like to discuss my specific case.

I am in the need to renew my CPR expired a while back.
I used to have my address with a friend who is married and since my family is not resident here I cannot use his address anymore.

A local friend (bahraini) offered to let me use his second home address (he has a vacation home different from his main residence where his and his family registered address is).

My question is: is it necessary to produce a lease agreement or it is sufficient to have his statement that I am resident at his vacation home?

You need a municipality letter for CPR card which requires a lease contract. Or have an EWA bill under your name. 

However, depending on the municipality (varies at times between different municipalities), they will give it to you without a contract if your landlord gives a letter of authorization (sometimes in person).

Thank you,
Worth trying with municipality without contract I guess.
In case a contract is needed, could rent be zero?

I haven't heard of a contract with zero rent being accepted.  Because the rent is used to calculate housing fee and they may see it as an attempt to defraud.

Thank you xtang
I will check with municipality on this matter. Hopefully lease agreement will not be necessary.