Address Certificate for CPR - New Online process Query

Hi,
Has anyone tried getting the address certificate for CPR by applying online on Municipality website (www.mun.gov.bh).
I have uploaded all the documents about a week. Status shown in my case is "Received". Should I wait for a confirmation from the ministry, or can I directly go to the municipality office in Manama (Capital Governate) to collect the letter.
Appreciate guidance from anyone who has gone through a similar process.

I got the certificate in person by going to the CPR office in Isa Town.  I haven't tried the new online option on bahrain.bh.

Thanks for your response. Now they are insisting that one has to apply online, but the entire process is not mentioned on the website.

It is mentioned on Bahrain.bh. Go there instead of municipality site.

Hello Dear,
May I know if you found a solution as I am having the same situation and Application Status shows as Received since a long time.
Regards,

I already mentioned it - address certificate is now changed to bahrain.bh and NOT municipality website, if you are going online.   If you apply on the municipality website, it will show as received for months without anything happening as they are NOT using that for address certificate anymore.

CPR block no. Check

Has anyone found a solution this problem yet.
I need to change my address on my CPR.
I tried to upload the required documents in Bahrain.bh site for the address amendment, but they are asking for the Municipality form. Any idea what this is?
If it's the address certificate letter from the Municipality then again I'm in the same loop and seemingly stuck for ever!

Unfortunately it would appear one cannot do it via bahrain.bh website anymore. After going round in circles trying to find the option for "address certificate for cpr" I eventually gave up and called 8000 8001 only to be guided through process of submitting request via Municipality website :(. It's a month now and status still shows as "received", when I follow up am told they can't give me a timeline because each application has to be reviewed.

I can't go to Isa office because am not vaccinated and to get vaccinated I need CPR....catch 22 !! Right now am seriously thinking of getting a Document Processor to do it for me, hopefully I don't get swindled.

Only your employer can do this online

Thanks. Would you happen to know which link they use so I give them ? The lady in our HR handling it is very nice but seems she is new to this which is why I decided to take the matter into my own hands :(

Our office PROs confirmed that they cannot take the CPR appointment without the Municipality address certificate if the EWA bill is not in your name, its been over 2 weeks since I applied for the address certificate through mun.gov.bh. Hoping it is approved soon.  :(

My flat rent is all inclusive,if i take Municipality address certificate for my cpr update will they are going to charge municipality tax on top of my exiting flat rent.Please advise.

Yes they will charge 10% in the EWA bill.   The only question is whether your landlord will cover it - if it is all inclusive, he should.

I don't think,right now i have cap of 25BHD EWA .EWA is with landlord.i have to update my  cpr as well.Any solution

Absolutely no solution if you get a municipality letter - the housing fee WILL be charged.  The rest of the discussion is between you and your landlord.  No one can help you in that.

Small update - my application via municipality website was registered due to landlord not having registered our lease on Bahrain.bh. Getting that sorted then I can reapply.

If i submit my agreement( under my name )and EWA bill under landlords name, will that work for my cpr update.

No.  EWA must be under your name OR you should have a municipality letter.   Process is clear.

Finally got address certificate done for me by building manager so now office can submit my CPR application (fingers crossed there won't be any more drama).

Good luck.  It actually goes faster if the landlord or building management simply goes onto bahrain.bh and registers the lease.  Then when you apply for a municipality certificate, it is smooth.   All of this is totally skipped if you get EWA in your name.

Update: Got my request approved yesterday from mun.gov.bh, handed over to our PRO for further processing.

is your rent inclusive of ewa?  in that case is the municipal fees paid by you? or the landlord?

similar experience. how many weeks it took for u to get address certificate.... pl suggest me what u did finally to get the certificate?

it varies, a colleague got it approved in 7 working days. For me it took 14.

T&R

Office sent over my CPR card today. I didn't have to go to Isa Town for the process as the application and submission was handled by my employer.

Hi. I would like to know if you already got your CPR? Coz we have the same dilemma regarding the address cerificate. In this case, what did you do to obtain it? Thanks

Yes I did.

I had to put pressure on my building manager to process address certificate. Building owners know it's an offence not to be paying tax so will try as much as possible to avoid noise

what is the procedure if my address certificate epire
they gave one month time now its not valid

please tell how to do ?or i need to do from first

You need to get a new one.

Hi, how long does it take normally to get an online address certificate from mun website.

I applied on 18 jul but still sjowing in received status.

Depends, it was 14days for me. A friend got it in a weeks time. Hope for the best.

Thanks @logical

Is it 14 working days?
Was it during covid 19 situation?

Not working days. its varying cant say for sure, hope for the best

I have applied for the same in April... itz not approved still... i donno why... 😪

Did you try the query option?
https://www.mun.gov.bh/MunicipalApplica … sion/query

Hi Dear,

May I know how long you've waited for your Address Certificate Request thru online?

I need to change my CPR Address too. I registered my new address to bahrain.bh, then I requested for certificate in mun.gov.bh. It's been a week, status still shows "RECEIVED".

Hoping for your reply.

Regards,

Vhiew

As replied earlier its varying and no one can say for sure.

Dear All,

If you have applied for the Municipality services and still the status shows received for at least 2 weeks. I have a quick solution for you.

Please raise an enquiry at  https://www.bahrain.bh/tawasul_en

You don't need to log in with your key. Just click Submit your case.

Just check which municipality you have submitted for and select Capital, Southern, Nother Governorate etc. And mention your application number and type of service requested and weeks passed. Trust me they will respond in the Tawasul app and your application will move.

Note - Please use this step if it has been at least 1 to 2 weeks after submission, or else they will just respond back that it is still in process.

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife's CPR address is updated in the system but not on my CPR Chip/Sim,

if i order a new CPR through bahrain.bh, will it come with the updated address in the chip also???