How to get a police clearance / good conduct certificate in Bahrain?

I was in need of one recently and looked around the internet and found out that most of the information was either out dated or was conflicting.  So I am reproducing my own experience of getting this recently i.e. last week.

There are two types of clearance certificates given.  One is a generic good conduct certificate which is given for immigration purpose and the second is for employment.

The information given here is for the former and is for people who are based in Bahrain / present in Bahrain and can go get this done themselves.

Where do you need to go:

The CID office in Adilya.  Not the main one but the one directly opposite the Alumni club.  Generally there are no parking issues and you can find a spot.

What you need to take with you:
Copy of latest passport
Copy of first residence permit for Bahrain
Copy of last (and sometimes asked, all others) residence permit for Bahrain
Copy of CPR
Filled out form (this you can also get and fill at the CID office.  Make sure to have all necessary information to fill it.  The tricky bit is employer details where you need to have their CR number as well as full address. A lot of people may not have it available with themselves readily)
One passport size photograph - either blue or white background (they weren't picky whereas the information on the internet was very specific i.e. blue background, dimensions, matte etc)
Request letter - Generally not asked for.  Except for some countries like Canada where the process requires it (from canadian side). For others, there is no need or you can provide a handwritten request

What is the process:
The timings are between 730 and 130.  You need to go to the second floor.  There is a seperate section for ladies.  Go in, take the token and wait for your number to be called.

When the number comes up, the officer will take your documents and check if they are in order.  He will attach the application and ask you to pay 1 BD and hand over a receipt.  You will then be referred for finger prints.  This takes time as they fingerpint every finger/thumb as well as palms and side of hands. If it's done once; will not be needed for subsequent certificates. 

For people outside Bahrain, you will need to provide fingerprints on the form which are done by the police in your current country, attested by Ministry of foreign affairs in that country and then the subsequent Bahrain embassy in that country.  Very cumbersome so it's advised to get this done when you are based here so that in the future for any certificate, you can easily engage an agent to do this on your behalf when you are not here without resorting to the whole fingerprint documentation.

After fingerprints, you are done.  An sms will be sent to you once the certificate is ready.  It usually takes one week.  Once you get the sms, go back, go to the first floor, present the receipt and collect the certificate.

Thank you XTang for the detailed info as always.

PS: topic is now sticky.

cheers!

Good day,

just small additions if i may.

you can apply for the certificate in any major Police Station, and not necessarily the Central Investigation Department ( CID ) offices in Adlyia.

it could take between 1-2 weeks for receiving the certificate, depending on your nationality.

the certificate must be collected by the applicant, upon presenting valid ID documents, the local CPR card or passport.

best regards,

raoof

Raoofhujairi :

Good day,

just small additions if i may.

you can apply for the certificate in any major Police Station, and not necessarily the Central Investigation Department ( CID ) offices in Adlyia.

it could take between 1-2 weeks for receiving the certificate, depending on your nationality.

the certificate must be collected by the applicant, upon presenting valid ID documents, the local CPR card or passport.

best regards,

raoof

Are you sure about this?  This used to be the case many years ago. I checked in Riffa police station when I needed one and they sent me to CID Adilya.

yes, i am sure. yet things could have changed since i last accompanied a friend for this .

raoof

Raoofhujairi :

yes, i am sure. yet things could have changed since i last accompanied a friend for this .

raoof

You have to visit the CID office in Adliya

logicalindian :
Raoofhujairi :

raoof

You have to visit the CID office in Adliya

That's my experience too. The special office near Alumni Club as mentioned by XTang.

Hello all,
I need this certificate for mariage, it’s really takes 1-2 weeks to get this certificate ?  :(

Yes.  One week for sure.

I have applied for police clearance on 13 of February. It's been more then two weeks I didn't get any sms. Is there any process to check online whether it's ready or not.

No process to check online.  Go back to the CID office and follow up.

Any contact number of that office to check with the recipe number about the status. Please guide me

I don't have a number.  You can search online. My advice would be to physically go there as like most government offices, no one would bother to pick the phone and even if they did, you need to speak arabic to get anywhere.

Thanks XTang,

I applied for good conduct certificate last 27th February and no SMS received to date. Haist!

You can follow up by going there but the time seems to vary for people. I got mine in a week.

I got notification 2-3 days after applying

What if the company will not provide the CR for confidentiality..! Can you still get a police certificate?

You just need CR no and sponsor address. And by the way, there is no such thing as confidential where CR is concerned. You can go on sijilat.bh and search company name/CR to get all details :)

I try to check and thier's no result found...

It should be on company letterhead or on the signboard. Searching by name is not always exact as the full name might be different.

I don't see why they won't give you the number. It's not confidential info. You just need number.

Worst case, see your residence permit and search by that company name in Arabic. It should come up then.

Thank you xtang... i will try to check again..

I had mine done recently (So officially I am of 'good conduct' lol) Fingerprints were taken electronically and I didn't have to get any done prior to going to the office (in Adliya)

My fiance from Phillipines applied for police clearance good conduct certificate in Bahrain 4/25/18.  Any ideas on how long it will take to get approved

how long did you wait?

Mine took a week. A friend hadn't completed hers and that took two weeks.

thanks

Anyone knows here where to purchase a money order? I tried to inquire most of the moneygram agent here but they dont have an idea. Thanks a lot...

You should post questions related to different topics on a separate thread.

Try this link and search for a Bahrain location:

https://secure.moneygram.com/locations

I haven't used them here as I prefer to do cashier's cheques or banker's cheques from existing banking relationships.

helpful, thnx!

Thank you so much Xtang you are always giving very helpful answers just want to know what is the first and last residence permit ?

Edit:  To make it clear.  Quite a few people have been in Bahrain a long time.  The residence permit is renewed after every 2 years.  When I went for the certificate, I was on my third permit as I had already did some changes in between.

So, you need to show the very first permit that you were given once you arrived here, along with entry stamp.  And then the last i.e. latest valid one that you have now.  They may ask for the ones in between as well.

Hi there, im just wondering if CID Adliya is open this Saturday? Im also getting police clearance..

Thanks in advance

I don't think so but if you are going anyway, check and post back for the benefit of other people.

Hello,
I applied my good conduct certification but i leave the country before i can collect the documents.
I  gave my original CPR and receipt to a friend to help me up to collect it. i am still holding my active Bahrain number and still waiting for the sms from them. still no luck.
I am currently in USA  i am worry that may be my phone line is not receiving the sms.
My question, is there any number or website that i can check if my Good COnduct certificate is ready to collect?

Thank you in advance.

This question has already been answered in this thread before - no there is no website or online check for this.  You can ask your friend to go to the office and follow up.

Thank you for the answer.

Hi,

My father has a Bahrain residence permit but is currently retired. He doesn't work or live in Bahrain. He received the residence permit based on investment and self-sponsorship. He needs a Police certificate for immigration purposes. He can travel to Bahrain to apply for a Police certificate. Per Xtang's original post, it is mentioned that the applicant needs to provide employer details.  Since my father is not working right now, can he still apply for the police / good conduct certificate at Adilya? OR is the process different for people not currently employed in Bahrain? If so do you know what that process is?

It's same process. In sponsor details he needs to enter his own. The certificate is on basis of residency in Bahrain not employment.

I did the Good Conduct certificate for my 17 years daughter for also immigration purpose for her college application in different country, it was done with no hassle. Her visa is dependent visa under mine.  So perhaps as long as anyone hold valid resident permit should not be any issue. The best is to check directly to the CID office. They open from 7am to 12:30pm. Good luck.

thank you Xtang and OKBahrain for the prompt responses.