How to cancel the Dependent Pass from MDEC Malaysia by Self

Hi,

I am from Mumbai , India.

I am currently Staying in Malaysia with my Wife in Kuala Lumpur and Currently I am on an Employment pass and my wife is on a Dependent Pass.

Next month I am exiting from Malaysia, and I need to follow some formalities related to Cancellation and Tax Clearance .

My Company will Cancel My Employment Pass, and for Cancellation of Dependant Pass the DP Cancellation Cost of my wife has to be born by me.

I had called to the MDEC on their toll free number and they said they My Employer needs to upload  a Letter head,followed by Air Tickets and Upload it for Cancellation and then My Employer Authorization Letter Head along with Original Passport needs to be Submitted at MDEC and which will take 5 to 7 working days.

My Question is :

Is it necessary to Cancel the Dependent Pass of my wife?

As the cost which my company  appoints a person to do cancellation , it takes  much Higher cost and DP Cancellation charges has to be borne by me whereas MDEC say there are no Charges for Cancellation?

How Can I obtain a Company help to provide me a letter and all the authorization letter to cancel, MDEC say once the Stamping and process is completed then they will send the mail to my Employer as My Employer is an MSC Status Company.

I don't understand what to do? Should I cancel my wife DP pass or else it will be automatically elapsed once my EP pass is cancelled.

Even for Manual Cancellation My company needs to upload Air Tickets and Cancellation request from their login.

we both are exiting from KL by next month.

And is there is any tax clearance required for my wife or by self before exiting Malaysia?
Please kindly provide your valuable advice.

You need to do tax clearance and the employer should provide you with the Leaver's Form which can be taken to the tax office by hand. The clearance is usually complete within 10 days and often the tax office will ring you to arrange collection.

Form required is CP21

https://www.3ecpa.com.my/resources/mala … 22a-cp22b/

Thanks Gravitas, Tax Clearance will be taken care of my Company.

Does Dependent Pass also needs for a tax Clearance procedure?

And pls let me know the steps for Cancellation of Dependent Pass from MDEC.

Thanks in advance

If you can cancel the MDEC DP yourself (https://expats.com.my/expats/contact/) you will still need an authorization letter from your employer to do so.

What basically happens is the flight ticket is used as a guide to the cancellation date of the DP. Immigration usually gives an additional 2 days in case of unexpected delays of flight etc.

The DP is stamped with a shortened date.  In the past a letter from immigration confirming action they had taken was returned with the passport and at the desk on departure, this document was retained by immigration when they stamped the person out.

Following new government, some processes may have changed since August.

Your spouse doesnt have to do tax clearance if she has not been paying tax or doing tax returns.

Thanks Gravitas for the Information