Autonomo in addition to employee contract

Hi all,

I currently plan on relocating to Malaga within the next weeks and was wondering if the autonomo status for owning an s.r.l. could be taken in addition to an employee contract.

In my case I would be working full-time under an employee contract for which I will receive my NIE and sole owner of a s.r.l for another business.

What would the monthly social security be? Will I pay double autonomo fee + SS deducted from my salary? Is there a special lesser fee when one is already employed?

Moreover, I'm under 30 so from what I've read I can apply for an autonomo fee deduction for the first two years.

Thanks in advance for your replies and advice.

Regards,

Autónomo is I believe 50 euros a month for first two years

I have just made enquiries for my son and have been told one can have more than one occupation shown on autonomo paperwork   Also one can be autonomo whilst not resident or tax resident in spain.  One then pays Spanish tax only on the earnings in spain

Johncar wrote:

Autónomo is I believe 50 euros a month for first two years

I have just made enquiries for my son and have been told one can have more than one occupation shown on autonomo paperwork   Also one can be autonomo whilst not resident or tax resident in spain.  One then pays Spanish tax only on the earnings in spain

Hello John and thanks for your prompt reply :-)

Indeed, there is a SS reduction for workers wishing to go autonomo as long as they're under 30 (other conditions exist) as listed here.

I was also wondering if the additional tax I would pay as autonomo would be accounted for in my pension/medical contribution.
We have a similar system here in Belgium where one can own and operate a company in addition to being an employee but all SS contributions payed for the company do not count as pension is calculated on the employee social security (you're basically paying more with nothing in return, Belgium is known for tax-milking people left right and center).

Also, does the company itself pay a yearly social security fee?

As far as I know the employer pays a contribution for employees

I believe there is no 30 year old limit for the reduced autonomo payments.  Mr son is older than that

Sorry but I cannot assist with more specific information

Hi again,

I've finally gotten the answer regarding this question.
One that is employee and autonomo basically pays social security fees twice.

There is a slight reduction, about 50€ for the monthly autonomo SS. So the monthly payment is around 250€ instead of 300€.
Other info since I'm under 30: I cannot cumulate the autonomo SS reduction along with other reductions (ie: I cannot benefit from the under 30 new autonomo reduction and the -50€ reduction for running a business in addition to being an employee).

If one is just autónomo (self employed) I understand the monthly payment , during the period of reduced rates, is €50 per month.    It is not a reduction of that amount

Correct, however the question here is being employee + autonomo