Holiday letting business

Hi all, can anyone give an informed view on the holiday letting business in Spain, particularly Andalusia? Is it highly competitive as the gite/B&B business in France is?
Apologies if I have posted in the wrong area of the forum.
Regards

Hello Gliet

That is quite a wide ranging question. If you do an internet search you will find a lot of information. Regulation in all areas of holiday lettings in Spain have been updated within the last few years. You need a licence for the property; you must report financial activities to the tax authorities, you must report details of all occupants to the authorities. It is a competitive business and easier to manage hands on.

Steve

Thanks, Steve, much appredciated.

Hi Gilet,
also be aware that in competitive areas restrictions are now active or will kick in shortly.
I strongly advise checking that you can get a license easily before any investments.
Regards Martin

Thanks, Martin.

I have read that the condition in theory is that if the property has a direct access from the street (most likely on the street level), it's possible to get a tourist license in Madrid. Is it true though? Does anyone have a recent successful application? Thank you.