Incorrect Passport Number on entry visa

Dear All,

I have received my employment visa after 2.5 months. But the passport number on my visa is incorrect it's mentioned K instead of J. I have informed my employer. Kindly help. Will they issue a new visa or correct it?

Hi dylan1992,

There should not be any problems with the incorrect alphabet usage in your employment visa. But once you join work, ask the company PRO to get it corrected. And no, a new employment visa would not be issued after making the correction.

Sir,

I m still in India and haven't joined my job. Will immigration make any issues regarding the  passport number.

Hi dylan1992,

This is not a serious issue really, as long as all the other details and information are correct. So relax.

Dear Sir,

Rest all information such as name, date of issue of Passport is correct.  Only the starting  alphabet on visa is wrong the numbers are right though. It's mentioned K77.... instead of J77.....

Dear All,

Kindly reply to my above post as I'm facing difficulty due to the above issue.

Hi dylan1992,

Your concerns have been duly addressed. So what more are you waiting for ??

Dear Sir,

My concern is that:
1) will customs allow me to fly to Oman with such type of error on visa?
2) Even if they do allow me will Oman customs clear me and provide entry?
As when I spoke to Oman embassy in India they said its a major issue? Please inform your employer to correct the PP number.

Hi dylan1992,

So if you have already been advised by the Oman Embassy to have your passport number corrected, then ask your employer to get it corrected. At least your employer would be aware of this discrepancy and will fix it upon your arrival.

As I have mentioned earlier, since it is a matter of just one incorrect alphabet, and all other details matching with the original, there would not be any problem.

Dear All,

I have received my new entry visa with proper PP number from my employer after about 22 days.

Thanx.