Work permit needed papers

Hello,

can anyone advice on the needed papers to be submitted with the work permit application? and if it need to be legalized by the embassy of the country of residence ? do they need hard copy of those documents or scanned copy will be enough?

i know this topic discussed in several forums, but i didn't see anything related to the needed documents .

many thanks for your support.

Your employer will be applying for the work permit (B) and they will tell you what documents are needed.

They requested me to prepare some documents but they didn't mention if it should be legalized or not And if they want hardcopy or softcopy. And there are some documents dosn't make sense for me like "Copie titre de séjour". And they didn't request anything about my husband.

Do ask them if they want the documents legalised. The documents that doesn't make sense - inform them too. Work permit is applied for you. So your partners documents are not needed now. That is for later - for visa application.

For sure I will ask them, but it's Easter holidays now and I they will get back to me next week . I want yo gain time and anticipate any delay.

Hello Aneeshks,

sorry for bothering you, i am checking the work permit rules in this site  http://werk-economie-emploi.brussels/en … s-permis-b ; i noticed a sentence that i don't understand which is (maximum duration two times four years), what does this means? i am planning to stay longer than 4 years in Brussels, please advise?

thanks in advance

Can you check the below questions please?
Sorry for asking too many questions.

I assume you have got an umlimited contract with your employer. In that case don't worry. They know how to do the paperwork for that and to keep your residence status here. To tell you, Your employer will be applying work permit type B. This will be renewed yearly. Your residence permit will also be renewed based on your work permit. After 5 renewals, you can apply for a permanent residence card after which there is no need for a work permit anymore.

Thank you very much, you make me feel more confident :)

One last question for today ;) do they accept papers in English? Or I have to translate the documents and diploma to French?

For WP, they accept certificates in English.

Thank you very much. You are so helpful and make my life easier 👍🤣