Unlimited work permit after 4 years?

Dear Forum members,

My situation is related to the discussion but slightly different.

I have a single permit Card A and I am going to complete my fourth year in Dec this year (my card expires on 1-1-2023). now in my case my employer has applied previously for the work permits and I go to commune to collect the residence card. My current RP card says Limite.

I have below questions regarding my application this year:

1. I suppose my employer will apply again for my new RP card as the current one is going to expire so if I understand correctly the new RP which I would be getting would provide me unlimited work permit as I would be completing my 4 years of continues stay and job in Belgium?

2. Do I need to ask my employer to apply for certain category like card B or D , or it will be by default a B card?

3. My salary is above the required amount, so I hope that would not be a concern?

I would be really obliged for any of your guidance.

Thank you !!
Best regards,
Nitish Jha
hello,

1) yes
2) it's your job, your company just confirm that you're still working for them and so you need a resident permit.
3) no problem
@AlexFromBelgium

Hi Alex, Thanks for your reply.

I have a follow up question:

My Resident Permit and my work permit will expire on 31 Dec 2022. So generally for the Resident permit my office applies few weeks prior. Should I also apply for my unlimited work permit few weeks prior?

I meant when one should apply with regard to the expiration date ?

Thank you for your guidance in advance!!

Kind regards
Nitish
You don't have to apply for the unlimited work permit, it's automatically granted :)

When you go to the commune, just state it to the officer, but normally he/she has nothing to do as it's only based on the 4 years of legal stay.
No it is not granted automatically it has to be applied by your self. If you are in flanders here are the steps:
https://www.vlaanderen.be/en/work-permi … inite-term

@hssn601 Thnaks so much , so when I should apply ? Cause my WP permit will be completing 4 years on 31st Dec, so can I apply before its expiration?

What i understand from the link is after four years of work you can apply which means after 31st december. You can also write an email to commune to get clear answer.

@hssn601 Yes I will do that, Thanks a lot!!

@hssn601 really? I've always heard that on their computer at the commune/immigration it's done automatically when they send the request to gemalto to print the new card :/

Edit: indeed, there's a stupid form to sign for unlimited work... you were right

For flanders it is more complicated, you get work permit approval after long time and then your file is sent to immigration for residence permit approval :-D which can take another 4 months.

hello,

Hello Cityantwerp,

Welcome to expat.com!

Is there any question that you want to ask on this thread?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello,

In Brussels and Wallonia, an unlimited single permit can be obtained after 3 years if the registered partner is legally residing in Belgium.

However, does anyone know if it is also the case in Flanders? or is it only after 4 years if in Flanders? whenever I check the website of Flanders I see some differences in the information provided between different languages (due to translation apparently)

Hello,
In Brussels and Wallonia, an unlimited single permit can be obtained after 3 years if the registered partner is legally residing in Belgium.
However, does anyone know if it is also the case in Flanders? or is it only after 4 years if in Flanders? whenever I check the website of Flanders I see some differences in the information provided between different languages (due to translation apparently)
-@Ralph Bou ghanem

In flanders you need 4 years, i have checked this with them via email.