Query on Family joining visa for working woman

Hello my friends,
I am working in a company in Muscat.i would like to bring my wife working in another company in oman itself under my family joining visa .Her company does not give Noc for family joining also.is there any options.please clarify

Sreekumar

Hi Sreekumar,
Are you sure we need to take NOC for changing our family's visa from employment to Family Joining Visa? If so, its just one of the other crazy things here. How come an employer is required to issue NOC to bring my own wife in my own sponsorship. I guess you should approach the MOL and you can get it sorted, as any country should not put such restrictions to bring our own family members on our sponsorship. There must be a way out.
Regards
Suyash

skumartp wrote:

Hello my friends,
I am working in a company in Muscat.i would like to bring my wife working in another company in oman itself under my family joining visa .Her company does not give Noc for family joining also.is there any options.please clarify

Sreekumar

Hi skumartp,

The labour law of the land states unequivocally that if an expatriate is employed, then the expatriate can be under the sole sponsorship of that employer / sponsor only with whom the expatriate is employed. There is no other option.

Working for one, and being under the sponsorship of another, is illegal.

Reading the many other informative posts and discussions available on the forum would help you since much has been written, and in detail, on this topic.

Good Evening Friends,

I think i was misunderstood.My wife is resigning the job and coming under my visa.She will not be working in any company but under my sponsorship.Sumitran sir kindly enlighten me on this subject
as I want to cancel her visa and get her a visa under my sponsorhsip,I heard that as per the new rule it is required to give a NOC for the change in sponsorship even if it is under family joining visa.In between I had seen some wording on A category company or so.I hope you would be able to help me.

I had (Mr.suyash) checked with many PRO's and all of them say it is required.Thanks for your support.

Thanks and regards

sreekumar

Hi skumartp,

If you had read my post above carefully you would have known about all the requirements.

An expatriate employees wife will not be under the 'sponsorship' of her husband but rather would be under the sponsorship of her husband's employer or sponsor only.

And to availof that sponsorship, your wife's employer must first give her a NOC. Without the NOC she would not be able to change her sponsorship.

The sponsorship change is also subject to the husband's employer willing to extend the family status privilege to their employee.

The PRO is the most competent person to comments on these things since they are the ones who deal with the concerned ministries on a daily basis. So if they tell you something, simply follow.

thanks for your reply.My doubts are clarified