How to make friends in Bristol

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Bristol :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Bristol??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Apparently, there are not many active expats in Bristol since there is no posts on any subjects or they are very old...
But if it helps, and if you feel really lonely, you can contact me and I'll be pleased to meet you and have a drink with you!
:)

Hi,

The Bristol expat network can also help ;)

Hello,

Je devrais arriver à Bristol début octobre. J'aimerais avoir des renseignements surtout pour trouver un logement et un job :) et pourquoi pas des compagnons de sortie.

Tu es à Bristol depuis longtemps ? ça te plait ?

See u

Hello!

I will arrive soon and I would like to make new friends!

Regards!

The best idea would be to join a course at Uni, it doesn't have to be a degree, a short term course like learning Spanish or photography would do. That's how I met a lot of new friends. The sad thing though is that most people leave once the course is finished.

I'll be moving from America to Bristol later on this Summer, and I really do want to make friends once I'm there! I know that I will have plenty of access to my boyfriend(soon-to-be-husband)'s friends but it would be nice to have my own small group as well.

So I'd love to meet up with any expats for a nice get together. I think the key to success is support. :)

Hi all, been in Bristol for over 13 years so it's pretty much my home now. Did a teaching degree when I first got here so met people that way. Been working as a Civil Servant for 10 years and have made new friends through work.If you want, you can contact me and I'll be pleased to meet you or discuss anything you like!

Hi, Chrystie! What was it like to earn your teaching degree in Bristol? Were you able to find a job as a teacher in Bristol? I'm currently attending University here in the US and I'm majoring in Education. But I think I might change my major to Human Services/Social Work, as that might open up more job opportunities in Bristol as opposed to teaching.

I'll be finally moving from the US to Bristol in November, and it would be great to meet up with fellow expats. :)