Let s have a drink between expats!!!

When??? Friday 14th at 7pm
Where???  The white lion in clifton

As already tried in the past, let s exchange on our life in Bristol!!! Good things, bad things, works, accommodations!!!

Who s in??

Hey, we're already trying to sort something like this out in the "Americans in Bath?" thread. It's about sorting something in Bristol. I'd kinda prefer to avoid the White Lion though. It's overpriced and has a terrible selection in drinks.

Waitsjunkie wrote:

Hey, we're already trying to sort something like this out in the "Americans in Bath?" thread. It's about sorting something in Bristol. I'd kinda prefer to avoid the White Lion though. It's overpriced and has a terrible selection in drinks.

Ok. So white would you propose to go??
Sorry... Where?? '
:)

I can think of quite a few places. If you're thinking Clifton (I live in Clifton Village), the Portcullis is pretty nice. Just near the White Lion. The Clifton Wine Bar is pretty good, too, and I read a great review of The Mall a couple weeks ago. I personally like the Cori Tap, as well, but it's often insanely crowded and too noisy for conversation. That's one of the other things I worry about with the White Lion... Sports bar. Noise. :)

In the centre, which might be easier for some, there's... well... loads. The Commercial Rooms is pretty spacious and easy enough to find seating. I was just in the Llandoger Trow last night and enjoyed it. Let's see... I've never been in, but I've also heard good things about the Old Royal Navy Volunteer. Of course, there are plenty more down there, too.

Hi,

I'm in.

Celia

Hi folks!

I'm Belgian (French speaking) in Bristol, as is my flatmate. We'd be glad to meet some French speaking expats as well to have a drink.

Trying to set a time/place on the Americans in Bath thread. The meet's not just Americans and it's actually for Bristol, so if anyone on this thread wants to join in that one do feel free! It's not really obvious what it's about, I'll admit, because it's grown out of an old thread! :)

Hi there !

I'm Ophélie, belgian (french speaking) and would really fancy some drinks with you french expats' ! (

Cheers !

Why not at "Start the bus" ? "The Social" ?

I m in also... But only during the week... I m out of Bristol for the 4 next we!!!

See u,

Jc

Coxophélie wrote:

Hi there !

I'm Ophélie, belgian (french speaking) and would really fancy some drinks with you french expats' ! (

Cheers !

Why not at "Start the bus" ? "The Social" ?

I m in... But during the week... I m out of Bristol for thé next 4 we!!!