Independence Day at the American Museum in Britain (Bath)

Hi guys! Just a little something I'm going along to that I thought I'd share! Please let me know if you're going. Maybe we can meet up there...

--------------------------------------------

FREE ADMISSION

Fourth of July 2012 Picnic Night

Wednesday, 4 July

5.30-8.30pm (please note day and time)

Come and celebrate the opening of the Bath Americana Festival – as well as Independence Day – with a fantastic line-up of music, food, and fun! 

Bristol-based Appalachia offer up their own inspired take on American roots music. Buffalo Gals, with their distinctive blend of old-timey favourites, corny jokes, and foot-stomping rhythms, always leaves you grinning, and newcomers Flats and Sharps from Cornwall bring their fresh take on traditional bluegrass.

Bring a picnic rug or some chairs and sit back to enjoy a great outdoor evening of music, food, and fun.

BBQ, soft-drinks, and ice-cream available to buy.

Free admission for all.

@Waitsjunkie - Thanks for posting and sharing such info. :)

Hope there'll be a big turn out.. - Good luck..

Jaz :cool:

Sad I missed this. Anything else like this happening in the Bristol area any time soon?

We didn't actually make it either, Tim. Mostly because it looked like rain and it didn't seem worth the trip over as it was all outside. Not sure when anything else of that nature will be going on in Bristol or the surrounding area. Thanksgiving maybe? But then I never heard anything about a special Thanksgiving thing last year...

Thanksgiving is a must. I do one every year. Bird, stove top stuffing, green bean casserole......