Working and studying in England

Hi,
I am from Egypt and I want to do my PhD and working at the same time. I want to play for a scholarship to do the PhD in comparative English literature and I want to work at a university to teach Arabic literature. Any help or advice

Hello Mansour,

There are 3 options for you to do  PhD course in the UK, for almost all doctorate courses, the pre requisite is to have 3 to 6 years of research and teaching experience back home and have a first class academic record throughout your carrier.

a) Use your countries scholarship schemes where all the expenses will be taken care by your government.

b) You can contact the universities where your subject is being taught, they may call you for an interview in the UK. you will be offered the position of a 'research fellow' which  in addition to your re search, include teaching undergrads and a salary will also be paid. You may be expected to partially support yourself in arranging your accomodation.

c) Become a self sponsored student, pay tuition fees between 10 to 14 K  ( per year) and arrange for your living expenses too. Most universities will accept you under this option.

Once you are in the UK, you will have no problem in teaching Arabic at the same university or adjacent colleges where a decent stipend is paid depending on number of hours you put into your tuition. :one

There are a lot of attractive options for you in Germany, let me know if you are interested and I will post details.