How to get a temporary job in Auckland

Hi all, wonder if I could ask for some advice? My daughter and her partner are travelling and are currently in Indonesia but going to Auckland on the 22nd and will both be looking for jobs on arrival but didn't realise there would be a problem getting a work visa for one of them who is over 30 years old....32 to be exact. They are really disappointed about this and not sure what to do. Shes been told need someone to sponsor her but doesn't know anyone in Auckland. It's all become very complicated. Her partner is fine as she's not 30years old yet. They plan on staying in Auckland for several months so would be looking for work for around this length of time. Can anyone offer any advice I would be very grateful . Thank you

I don't think is it very possible to NZ immigration to just go there and look for a job..since workplace hire only those with Valid work visa and resident/citizen only.. They prioritise the people that is within their country first before hiring from foreign... Only in a very special times that they may need highly skilled jobs that almost no one can fill in in which they will hire from outside.. A job offer will be done ahead by employer to prospected applicant.. And if they get a visa for tourist instead Max of 90 days... They won't be allowed to get into work either part-time or full-time..

That is what I understand so far...

If your occupation is not on the skills list then it will be virtually impossible to get a job.
With the volume of visa applications it is time consuming to get one and now the Govt have increased the number of points needed to get a visa.

I hope they have plenty of funds for their stay in Auckland as it is the most expensive city in NZ to live in.

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com