Study and work

Hope all these gruop are great .

I really need some experience about if i come to NZ (Auckland) or Australia (Brisbane) as PHD student .

Is it possible by 20 hour per week working permission i can find job to support my life for one person ? usually how much people earn at least by working ? how we can find the easy job to support the cost of living ? PLZ let me know any comment for student and working during their study .

thanks all

vafa wrote:

Hope all these gruop are great .

I really need some experience about if i come to NZ (Auckland) or Australia (Brisbane) as PHD student .

Is it possible by 20 hour per week working permission i can find job to support my life for one person ? usually how much people earn at least by working ? how we can find the easy job to support the cost of living ? PLZ let me know any comment for student and working during their study .

thanks all

Hi Vafa

GIS/RS jobs are hard to find and very competitive in NZ or Aus, and part-time roles are almost nonexistent. Your best chance would be to find an internship, teaching or research position after you have spent a couple semesters as a PhD student at Uni. Most Geo jobs are IT-focused and require dev skills.

The degree programs in Australia are much better, and your PhD will be worth a lot more.

Check out sssi.org.au.

As an International PhD student in NZ you will only be paying domestic fees which is one major drawcard. However I'm not sure if they have this scheme in Auz or not.

I don't think you will have a problem finding work in NZ but it really depends on what type of work you are after. For someone studying towards a PhD you could potentially get a research job at the University.

thanks so much for you nice recommend and advice

i would be appreciate if you tell me , before i start my research in university and earn some money how i could get part time job ?
foe example is it easy to start job by working in restaurants or bars ? how much the minimum salary ?
how long dose it take to get this kind of job ?

Yeah you should be able to get a job at a restaurant or bar or even a supermarket. Places like these are hiring frequently. The minimum wage in NZ is $13.75 per hour before tax. So for a part-time job you can expect to be paid between this and $16 per hour.

If you start applying as soon as you get into NZ you should be able to find something within a few weeks. It depends how dedicated you are to going out to find work.

If your level of English is really good you might want to try to work at a call centre. The pay in this type of work is generally around $17- $20 per hour.

What University are you applying to?

thanks alot agine for reply me fast
probebly i will apply foe unibersity of auckland and AUT becoz i need to stay some where that i could find job so i just heart that other cities becoz of low population is difficult to find job that is why i choose capital city .

If you would like help with the application process I can help you apply free of charge. I work for a company that provides education consultancy and we are based in Wellington.

Give me an email if you like and we can discuss what options are best for you. [email protected]

sure good odea
vafa_ [email protected]

Vafa - you may want to read: "New Zealand Migration Agents Cheating Malaysians Thousands Of Ringgit!"

http://margeemar.blogspot.com.au/2012/0 … ating.html