Scooter rental in Mauritius

Hi there

Can someone please help me find a good company for scooter rental in Mauritius?

Thank you

Unfortunately can't help yet, only setting up when I relocate in may. Keep my mail for future refrence. **

Vince

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum, you may use our private message system for personal contact infos.
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Thanks Vincent

keep in touch when you are here.

Dana

If you're in Mauritus for a while, you'll find it way cheaper to buy it one :) Scooter rentals are targeted at tourists so are a bit expensive IMHO.

Agreed. I have interesting developments planned for the industry.

Be VERY careful with this. From my experience the quality and safety of bikes offered for rental is awful. Most places charge £15-£20 per day. Just check the brakes work and the forks are straight. Also if you are planning to spend any great length of time riding one I suggest you bring your own helmet or buy a new one there. The rental places will supply them but I personally wouldn't wear a rental one, who knows what's inside the lining!

Oh yeah, in Mauritius a red light is just a suggestion. If a vehicle is approaching a light which is on red and the driver is also sounding his horn, be careful, that's the universal Mauritian signal for "I'm NOT stopping at that light, get out of my way!"

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I second what ijulien said.

Rentals go for between Rs.400-800 per day, whereas you could buy a brand new scooter for around Rs.45000+ (this is the quality makes, as you get the cheaper 'bike' options as well).

That being said, I wouldn't risk my life riding a 2-wheeled vehicle in Mauritius. Driving has been terribly reckless and I still don't understand why.