Ciao from Tuscany

Left San Francisco in 1984, never to look back! I found home her in Florence.
After 25 years here, I have been through so much red tape it has almost killed me, but am married to a fabulous Florentine that we struggle together.

Food and wine are my passion. I have taught cooking for the past 20 years and now am doing walking tours of the market , custom culinary weeks and also trying to start a writing career.

I have a monthly column right now in The American Magazinepublished in Rome.

I left Florence and live in the middle of an olive grove outside of Certaldo in "the other Chianti" with too many cats.

Welcome on board Diva!

Why did you originally move to Italy?

It would be interesting to be in touch with the American Magazine team, I should send them an email.

What a great story and life....I would be happy to have half of your courage and spunk. You really earned the name Diva. I am considering leaving LA for Italy and am swamped with concerns and questions, so would love to chat from time to time and share info. Would love to buy a villa to turn into a language school/B&B,maybe with a little vineyard and olive orchard. Bravo on your beautiful life............Debbie.

Hello Diva,

Bravo for your succes in your life in this beautiful italian province! French, living in Florida, I plan to move to Tuscany and I would be very happy to chat with you to benefit of your experience and your advice for the best place to be semi-retired in Tuscany . Would you please send me an email on jackimarti@aol.com to schedule this chat?
Thank you very much Diva and have a wonderful night!
Jackie

(moderated: no free ads, please) note: About selling a property: please post in the Tuscany classifieds.

Thanks

Hey Diva,

Yours is one great life path, I always loved Italy and especially Tuscany it is so magical , I studied in Siena and had my very first Skydiving experience in Lucca, food in general was the greatest, I really cherish my Italian memories :)

I wish you good luck for the future and all the best to come.

tantti saluti da una Libica un po Italiana, un po tropo Americana :)

Hi Diva,
I admire your determination and courage... I have been hear for 8 yrs , life is not always plain sailing! But, I love Italy and it is home :)
I am in Pisa... I would love to chat :))