Labor Clearance - Visa - Government Medical

Hello Friends,

I am moving from Bahrain to Oman to work for a reputed manufacturing concern in Sohar, the aluminium company. Need inputs on a few of my dilemma's.

1. Received Offer letter/contract - have signed and returned it. They are processing my labor clearance and   employment visa.

Is this sufficient for me to resign my current job, or should I wait for the visa to come through ?

2. They performed a medical in their medical center after the interview, but have also stated I need to do a government medical after joining.

Employment visa required medical report attested by ministry of health to be submitted. I assume this will be their medical center report, as I have not passed through the GAMCA route from India. Is the government medical different or same, are there any factors I should clarify with them wrt the medical and tests performed so far to avoid any complications later ?

3. Is the first employment visa stamped multiple entry ? how long does it take from day of landing to getting the residence permit stamped ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and time ..

Do not resign till you get your Labour Clearance and Employment Visa, as it could take over two months to process the clearance and work visa.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=192955

Good luck my friend
If you need any help i will be happy to support you

Hi marao,

Find my comments against your queries below :

1. Received Offer letter/contract - have signed and returned it. They are processing my labor clearance and   employment visa.

Is this sufficient for me to resign my current job, or should I wait for the visa to come through ? - Never ever resign from your job until and unless you see the employment visa issued in your name.

2. They performed a medical in their medical center after the interview, but have also stated I need to do a government medical after joining.

Employment visa required medical report attested by ministry of health to be submitted. I assume this will be their medical center report, as I have not passed through the GAMCA route from India. Is the government medical different or same, are there any factors I should clarify with them wrt the medical and tests performed so far to avoid any complications later ? - Government medical tests are different and every expatriate employee needs to undergo one before their resident card gets issued.

3. Is the first employment visa stamped multiple entry ? how long does it take from day of landing to getting the residence permit stamped ? - Yes. You are required by law to get yourself registered within 30 days of landing. For the paperwork, medicals, etc to be done it would take about a week to 10-days before you can go for your resident card.

Thanks to all who have contributed .