Regarding Visa Ban

hi

as i am working in oman since last 6 years, on yearly bases contract latest contract is up to 31 August 2014, now I got another offer from another company, I want to join this new job but my company is not ready to give me Release or NOC. If i resign and exit the country, will the my new company able to get the visa for me.or it will be effected by new labour law ? as i will be able to exit in 2nd week of July 2014.

I  believe that as long as you complete your contract and then move, this ban won't5 impact you.

thank a lot Mr Harsh , u r the frist person to say  like this other wise everybody is saying that if i resign and go then i can`t come back oman untill 2 years,

Hello wasimtcl,

No company in its right mind would give any of its employees a No Objection Certificate (NoC) because the company will lose its labour clearance for that job and they will not be able to recruits another expatriate for that position.

Secondly, if you do exit anytime after July 01st, you cannot come back for 2 years.

Yes, there is a lot of ambiguity about completing the 2-year contract and for such candidates, this rule does not apply, etc. But it has neither been confirmed nor denied by the Ministry of Manpower. So if you do exit Oman after July o1st, and if the authorities refuse to issue you with a new employment visa through a new sponsor, then you are stuck for a minimum period of 2 years.

Would you want to take that chance ?

Hi Sumitran,

Could you please let me know, Is there any changes happened on this rule ? or Is there any chances to change this rule?. Please update..

Anoopoman wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

Could you please let me know, Is there any changes happened on this rule ? or Is there any chances to change this rule?. Please update..

HI Anoopoman,

I have no further updates on this subject, for now.

Regards.