Golf clubs

We are moving in about 4 weeks and want to join a nice golf club. would love to get some advice.
Many thanks
Katie

a lot depends on which part of the island you are moving to!

as such, there aren't really too many golf 'clubs' as you would expect of a club. most of the courses are played as resort courses. in terms of a 'club', there are a few societies that play around most of the islands' courses.

depending on where you are, i will gladly offer you my opinion as to which are the best courses.

hope that helps!

We are moving to the northern end of the country and arrive 2 Jan. Would love to get your thoughts and also on the societies.
Cheers
Katie

sadly, the north's not so good for courses - although there is meant to be a new course being built at mon choisy.

otherwise, your 2 closest courses will be at belle mare plage, although this is a resort and am not sure what 'membership' would be available.

there is a course in the middle of the island called the gymkhana club which is probably the only proper 'club' on the island. it's not much of a track, but is quite fun to play.

i will try and track down details for the organisers of the various societies for you.

Hi Katie,

Most of the golf courses and clubs in Mauritius are found within the premises of large and luxury resorts and hotels.
There are Belle Mare Plage, Four Seasons, Le Touessrok, Tamarina, Heritage Golf Club, Legend, Le Paradis Golf Club and in the North of the island, there is the Maritim Hotel Golf Club and another one opening next year.
In most of these resorts, you can become member for a fee though it will be higher than what you would have paid for a standard gold club.

Here is a link where you will find more details and contact numbers.

http://www.islandinfo.mu/mauritius/acti … 9/&start=0

Week check then out. Thank you

Speak to Bridget and James in Trou aux Biches  at villa Ayr.  They organise weekends away for their club at great rates and are lovely people