Care giver/ nurse

Hi, does anyone know where i can find a part time job like being a care giver or a private duty nurse? i will be headed to Malta very soon in a working visa but the company can just give me 6 to 8 working hours daily and i guess i will be having more time so i need a part time job to sustain my living in there. anyone can help me? Thank you so much.

Hi jeny,

welcome to the forum.

Please take careful consideration of the work permit guidelines.

http://etc.gov.mt/etc-portal/page/3/ELU-Guidelines.aspx

The income from your proposed work contract/permit has to meet certain national averages ie it has to be enough to live off.

This especially as you will not get a work permit for a second job as long as you still hold a work permit for the original job.

The work permit/(visa) is very specific to the employer and job that it is issued for and cannot be transferred to other jobs or working in general.

Cheers
Ricky

hi Ricky! thank u so much for the reply, so meaning to say i cant practice or work if my working permit is different from what i am looking for?. im a nurse but i maybe have a housekeeping visa so i cant be a care giver or a private nurse even just for a part time situation? :(

Hi Jeny,

the Guidelines clearly state:

The employee cannot use the licence to take up a different job, or to work for a different employer, even on a part-time basis.

and:

An employment licence between an employer and a foreign national is deemed to constitute a commitment between both parties. In the case of third country nationals, ETC will not issue employment licences in respect of persons who still have a valid employment licence with a different employer.(see also 5.1

and:

Requests for changes by the applicant organization in regard to information already submitted (ie changes relating to position, salary and hours of work) will cast serious doubt on the veracity of the application

Non-EU citizens are not allowed both full-time and part-time jobs or even several part-time jobs.

To work as a nurse you would also have to be registered as a nurse.

So you cannot work or practice in any other job/position than what is stated in your work permit. As a home-based carer the permit is for a certain person and there needs to be a doctors certification that the person named requires a carer so it is not even transferable to another person.

To change your job/position you would have to have an employer apply for a new work permit for you.

It sounds complicated and it is difficult if you are from outside the EU.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank u ricky :'( i paid already for everything thinking that i can earn enough in malta. if i will work just 6 hours having a low rate how will i live :( .. i think i made a wrong decision of going there right?. I am so disappointed with this because i gave up my Saudi job because of this.. but anyway thank u so much ricky..

Hi Jeny,

that is exactly the reason why these job offers are made ! So the family or person can save money on cheap labour.

The minimum wage in Malta is around 160€/week but many work for less.

What did you already pay? Your future employer should be paying any costs! Plane ticket,visa costs,work permit costs and so on.

Do you already have a work permit for Malta and what is the job description?

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky, i paid for the processing as what the usual requirements here in the Philippines, by agency we submitted all our documents and thru agency they will bring it to malta for processing. i paid $4,800 already and for 5 months now still waiting for the working permit, the agency undergo legal process yes we can see it because some of our friends are already there. i maybe have a housekeeping visa or a carer visa iether of the 2 because i have a national certificates on both. i am also a registered nurse both having a licensed in Saudi and Philippines but i guess i still need to study in malta or else where in EU to validate and get another license to be called registered nurse in EU am i right? so this are the whole thing about me. i am expecting to get a partime job so my profession will not be dead but this is what ganna happened maybe :( .. im so disappointed Rick :(

Hi Jeny,

your combination of nursing (are you a certified and experienced nurse by international standards?) and arabic (is your arabic good?) and experience from Saudi Arabia make you look like the ideal candidate for a nursing job in Malta.

If you are a qualified nurse you will 'only' have to register with the Nursing Association in Malta.

You should try contacting the private St.James Hospital. They deal a lot with Arabic patients and even have a hospital in Libya.

Cheers
Ricky

Yes i am a certified license holder in Saudi Arabia Ricky, Yes i can speak arabic but not fluent but yes i can communicate with the patient so far.. Is there any email or website where i can find that institution? Thank you so much for the concern Ricky thank you so much.....

Hi Jeny,

http://www.stjameshospital.com/site1/

Could be worth a try !

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky i dont know how to thank you for ur concern. yes i will try their website though i found there is no vacancy yet but still i will try to send an email to them who knows right?. I am actually having a hard time to decide where to go or if i will not pursue my malta what will happen to my family whos expecting me to land Europe. i cant maybe find the answer yet because i dont know i am already disappointed with this application. thank you ricky,. hope you will still send me messages to talk about this. i will update you in any progress of mine :) ..

Hi jeny,

yes, keep me updated. Only with the correct information can I comment or give the correct advice.

I wish you luck
Ricky

Hi Ricky, sorry for the late reply, i was having a 2nd though really, maybe i will cancel my application get my money back and apply again to saudi Arabia :( .. i dont know but this time there are a lot of opportunity awaits me in Saudi. what will i do? this is my last option, if i will work in malta having this low cost salary why not working in Saudi where i can earn more right? but i can compare that Malta is a free country and Saudi is not! my God what place where i can settle down! :( .......... i dont know what to do Ricky :(

Hi jeny,

if you send me the exact details of the offer you have for Malta and what the situation in Saudi Arabia is like for you ,I can give you my personal opinion. Even for the next years!

Please use PM to give personal information.

Cheers
Ricky

hi jenny,

u have paid a lot for the malta processing, and thinking that working permit is good for one year, have you checked your principal employer ms.Jenny or talked about the process...

Regards,

Hi, Thank you for this, I am really bothered  about this thing but today i will call the agency for this matter. I hope i can have a positive response from her.

Hi Jeny,

I am currently in Kuwait and moving back to Malta after living abroad for 14 years.

I currently have a Filipino lady who helps me with my baby son (he is 1 year old) and he adores her. I also work with a team of Filipinos in Manila.

I really want to hire someone in Malta to help me on a part time basis with my baby.

Is this something that you could be interested in?  Alternatively, do you have any Filipino friends who may be interested? 

Many thanks,
Kirsty

Hi kirsty,

I'm Filipina currently living in Spain now and planning to move to Malta early next year with my husband and baby son. I'm quite interested in your offer as part-time to help looking after your baby.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Norielyn

Hi Kirsty, Norielyn,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Nurse job offers in Malta section, this might be helpful. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

I'm a Filipino nurse currently working in Libya..I am applying as a carer in malta but as of now I am waiting for the result of evaluation from MQRIC.Its almost 3 months now but still I haven't received any updates on my email.Few months from now I'm gonna leave libya..Any help if how many months exactly would I need to wait for the result to come out?And any info about the salary range of a carer in malta?as I've heard it is allowed for Filipinos to have a part tym job there?is it right?

Hi,

the MQRIC council only meets twice a year to evaluate applications.

A third-country national is only allowed to work in one full-time job. The work permit is also specific to one employer/job and not transferable. A new job means a new work permit.

Cheers
Ricky

I'm a Filipino nurse currently working in Libya..I am applying as a carer in malta but as of now I am waiting for the result of evaluation from MQRIC.Its almost 3 months now but still I haven't received any updates on my email.Few months from now I'm gonna leave libya..Any help if how many months exactly would I need to wait for the result to come out?And any info about the salary range of a carer in malta?as I've heard it is allowed for Filipinos to have a part tym job there?is it right?

hi ricky,

do you have any idea if how long would it take for the mqric to finish the evaluation?do they have a specific time or month in conducting the evaluation?tnx for the reply..

No, I don't.

When they meet they go through all applications that are on the table. They probably don't meet during the summer months .

Ricky