Working as a pharmacist

I have completed Doctor of pharmacy course in india. Currently I am working as a pharmacist in Qatar. Can I work as a pharmacist  in malta .Indian pharmacist are eligible to work in malta?
@Ram Manideep

According to my knowledge the obstacle to work here in Malta is not your qualification, but your Nationality.
All vacancies in Malta must be offered to local people and people from EU countries before a TCN
can apply. This means only in case that no qualified person can be found over here you will get a work
permit. Of course you can beat the system when you come as an investor who is creating jobs.
In case you are willing to invest a € million you are welcome anytime.
Otherwise have a look at the job section of this forum to see what vacancies are available.
When you contact any potential employer he will tell you what your chances are to get
a work permit. By the way TCN means third country national. This has nothing to do with
ethnicity or continent.
If you are not successful with Malta try Mauritius. This is a beautiful country with many Hindu temples.
There is a demand for Pharmacists in Malta. The thing is the equivalence of your degree.
Send me an email on **** and I can guide you.
Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : Kindly share email addresses in private. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@isvizta

Hi. I d like your email

@isvizta

Please guide me. I am a pharmacist in South Africa.

I am sending my qualifications for equivalencey checks.

What would be the process thereof to get a job.

My family and I would like to live in Malta

@isvizta
Please guide me. I am a pharmacist in South Africa.
I am sending my qualifications for equivalencey checks.
What would be the process thereof to get a job.
My family and I would like to live in Malta
-@teri naidoo

Why Malta?

@isvizta Pls guide me

Hello vinosv1999,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly share more information with us so that we can guide you.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

is this indian B. pharmacy 4 year degree is valid in malta, to become a pharmacist..... vinay

is this indian B. pharmacy 4 year degree is valid in malta, to become a pharmacist..... vinay
-@prasad kss

Sorry, but I dont understand your question.

-@prasad kss

Check with the relevant Government department. The website of the office of the deputy prime minister may help as he is also the health minister.

Hi

My self Ritesh Kumar

I am a pharmacist from Chhapra Bihar indian

B.pharma

I year experience in Apollo pharmacy India

@RITESH KUMAR65

Why all the posts?

@RITESH KUMAR65 Hello welcome !

Indeed, there is no need to need to make all these posts (I have deleted them and edited one post of yours).

I recommend that you re read the whole thread for better understanding of why it is hard to get a pharmacist job.

Regards

Bhavna

@isvizta pls guide me. My is is Esther Olusola..Nigerian pharmacist. B.Pharm and MSc. Pharmacology. I want to work as pharmacist in Malta. My email is ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@isvizta pls guide me. My is is Esther Olusola..Nigerian pharmacist. B.Pharm and MSc. Pharmacology. I want to work as pharmacist in Malta. My email is [link under review]
-@mails4flourish

Welcome to the Forum, please read the above posts.

@isvizta

Can you guide me too I am wanna know a lot of things

@fouzia jamil hello and welcome !

please post your questions. Your post is too vague.

Regards

Bhavna

I have m pharm with 6 years of experiance in india .. my husband working in malta if il come on dependent visa can I get the job in malta with Indian certificates...

How many pharmacists do people think Malta needs and how many of these can speak Maltese.

How many pharmacists do people think Malta needs and how many of these can speak Maltese.
-@GozoMo

....and how many of them have even visited Malta?

@isvizta

Please I need information about how to practice pharmacy in Malta.  I have over 17 years of experience in pharmacy practice both in hospital and retail pharmacy. I am currently practicing in Nigeria.  I have a B. Pharm degree.

@isvizta
Please I need information about how to practice pharmacy in Malta.  I have over 17 years of experience in pharmacy practice both in hospital and retail pharmacy. I am currently practicing in Nigeria.  I have a B. Pharm degree.

-@pharmacistnwoko

Read the previous posts

For a person to be able to practice as a pharmacist in Malta, first he/she needs to have his/her qualification recognised by the Pharmacy Council and then have his/her name entered in the Register of Pharmacists held by the Pharmacy Council. Subsequently the Pharmacy Council recommends the applicant for the issue of a licence to practice as a pharmacist in Malta.​  follow this link for the information needed https://mfhea.mt/publications-and-appli … istration/

Thanks

-@GozoMo

Thank you GozoMo. You have raised a very valid point.

A pharmacist should ideally be able to speak Maltese and have a very good command of English. It is essential that a pharmacist can communicate and advise customers and patients clearly.

Many elderly Maltese struggle to understand English, especially if the person serving them is speaking English that is not is not their own first language. I have noticed a particular chain of pharmacies have employees who are not Maltese and not native English speakers. I have at times needed to act as a translator for other customers in the queue being served! A customer should be able to receive advise on the dosage of their medicines and confidentially ask any questions directly to the professional, not have to turn to a complete stranger and rely on another member of the public to act as a go-between. 1f614.svg

To the people who are posting here, please be aware that first preference for jobs is given to Maltese and EU Citizens, Third Country Nationals can only be employed if neither a Maltese or EU applicant cannot be found to fill the position.

@mails4flourish hi Esther. were you able to get the malta pharmacy licence. was the license equivalent to theirs?

@mails4flourish

Hi Esther, was your nigeriaN license equivalent to malta's?

@Ram Manideep..... Yes ,you can try