Diving in Mauritius

I was talking to Alta and quite a few others about doing a dive course and Alta has been good enough to find a dive for us:

Rs2600 at La Pirogue.  It includes the theory, 1 x pool dive and 1 x sea dive . 

I have called and asked how much more it would be to expand this course to an open water course (Padi Certified) and they will charge R$15,500 for one person, and give a 15% discount if there are five people. If there are more than five people then they will give an additional discount upon request.

Unfortunately the above course is in Flic en Flac and I am in the North so I spent some time today going around to dive shops and asking about prices and found a company called Dive Dream (Trou aux Biches) who is offering the same course but for R$12,900.  If there are five of us he will drop the price down to R$10,000 each.  If there is 10 of us, he will drop it down to R$8,000 each.  This includes all the instruction, pool dive, and ocean dives but DOES NOT include the book which is approx. 55 Euros (he admit you can buy it cheaper elsewhere).

Anyone interested in this?  if so, when?

I'm interested but not early on a Saturday and I live in Quatre Borne

Hi there,  OK beginners "dive" booked at La Pirogue for Saturday 3 April 2010.  We need to meet at La Pirogue by 9am.

I need to confirm numbers by Monday 29 March 2010.  They can accommodate 6 people and so far I have two.  Please let me know if you are in.  Price Rs2600 per person.  This will be deducted from the fee of Rs15000 if you proceed with the course and we will qualify for 15% if we get 5 or more people.  Should be fun :)

Hi guys,

Dive dream is a very good diving club, I often dive with them on week ends ;)

Would you have to do the beginners dive to then do the course?  It is just I have a friend who would like to learn to dive with me but he is flying on the evening of the 3rd April and so probably shouldn't dive on the dame day...

I assume you would be intending to do the course on weekends?

B.