Migrating to Auckland

Hi every body, Im planning to migrate to auckland next year with my family. Im 51 years old and worked as a second officer for 16 years in a foreign vessel. I have also a diploma in nursing but no experience yet. My wife is a dentist here in the philippines and at the same time she is a Dean  of the College of Nursing in one of the universities here in Manila. Do we have any chance of doing good in New Zealand? Thank you for any advice you can give me.

I suggest you check the NZ Govt immigration website as to whether you both can qualify for a visa.

Your wife may well qualify but I do not know of openings for ship's officers.

Thank you Vientiane.

Hi,

Please get a tourist visa and come see this place first.

Thailand for example has better healthcare than NZ. You are most likely better of moving to a country in Asia.

It is unlikely you will get a job at your age (sorry but I am giving you a reality check) and you will definitely make less money than in Australia or anywhere else really.

Also, Manila is more developed and 1st world than NZ. I know it sounds weird but its true. NZ is the white world's village. It is just marketing which has been fooling people.

Wish you the best.