Just got an offer.Try to know if my wife (Medi Doctor) could work too?

Dear expats,
First of all, I would like to thank you for this forum. It s helping me a lot in making my decision.

I have been reading most of your discussions concerning offers and cost of living. and I m not gonna ask you the same question again :)

Actually, I just got the offer to join a German/French company that just set up an office in Riyadh area as a Front office Manager (Technical, logistic and Business manager). So have not yet informations about the package.

My question is concerning my wife's situation.
She is a medical doctor (hold a Tunsian degree).
Right now, we re living in France (Paris).

We just wanna know, is it possible for her to work in KSA?
The company will be sponsoring inchALLAH my IQAMA Visa.
She will be receiving the same thing.

Is this visa will let her work in KSA? Is that all the requirement for her to find a position in Saudi hospitals?

Will appreciate a looooot your help.

I need this information in urgent way. We start discussing this position yesterday and have to give an answer coming week inchALLAH.

if she comes with u so she ill be under ur sponsorship and according to Saudi Law she cant work .If she ill work somplace on ur visa and by chance they caught her so u both have to go back.So its better not to take risk.What you can do when she is in KSA search job for her because its easy if she is here.When she ill get the job and just asked them for her visa the hospital ill issue the visa for her  ,once they issued the visa send her back for stamping ,Before that she have to pass the exams for ministry of health Saudi Arabia ,when she passed it u can stamp visa.

Citoyen-du-monde-1 wrote:

Dear expats,
First of all, I would like to thank you for this forum. It s helping me a lot in making my decision.

I have been reading most of your discussions concerning offers and cost of living. and I m not gonna ask you the same question again :)

Actually, I just got the offer to join a German/French company that just set up an office in Riyadh area as a Front office Manager (Technical, logistic and Business manager). So have not yet informations about the package.

My question is concerning my wife's situation.
She is a medical doctor (hold a Tunsian degree).
Right now, we re living in France (Paris).

We just wanna know, is it possible for her to work in KSA?
The company will be sponsoring inchALLAH my IQAMA Visa.
She will be receiving the same thing.

Is this visa will let her work in KSA? Is that all the requirement for her to find a position in Saudi hospitals?

Will appreciate a looooot your help.

I need this information in urgent way. We start discussing this position yesterday and have to give an answer coming week inchALLAH.

Hello,

Your wife will be issued a dependent visa - normally / legally  not allowed to work. But a lot of married women like this do work in other industries - mostly schools in KSA. So you might not face an issue.

But for your wife since she is a doctor and if she wants to practice here in KSA, she needs to write the test from Ministry of Health so that she can work officially. Clinics and some hospitals may allow to work without license but its a risk for them and for you.

First come and write the test and then approach hospitals and insha Allah she will be able to work . She may work while under your visa or the hospital / clinic may decide to sponsor her independently. Or she could also find work with insurance companies as a consultant doctor on claims while staying under your iqama.

Hope this helps in making your decision.

Dear Sameer and HRGuru,

Thank you a loooot for your rapid answer and your reactivity.
I m glad I got an answer, even, it s not the one I wished. but alhamdALLAH.

So, it's not going to be feasble for her to work using her dependend visa. but will be possible for her, to porspect once she will be there, and get sponsored by her recruiter on her own, inchALLAH, later.
It sounds working in this way :)

I have read some where in this forum, that she could work if the company sponsoring the hausband visa will write a letter, saying they "will let her", or something like that?

Is that really possible? Have you heard about such procedure?

i never heard abt this .But its mention in ur wife and childrens Iqama tht they are not eligible to work.But usually in Schools and hospitals if everything is going smoothly no one ill ask for long long time.

Dear Sameer,
Thank you for your advice. I appreciate your help.

We are trying to explore those aspects and ya ALLAH, things will go as we expect.

Citoyen-du-monde-1 wrote:

Dear Sameer and HRGuru,

Thank you a loooot for your rapid answer and your reactivity.
I m glad I got an answer, even, it s not the one I wished. but alhamdALLAH.

So, it's not going to be feasble for her to work using her dependend visa. but will be possible for her, to porspect once she will be there, and get sponsored by her recruiter on her own, inchALLAH, later.
It sounds working in this way :)

I have read some where in this forum, that she could work if the company sponsoring the hausband visa will write a letter, saying they "will let her", or something like that?

Is that really possible? Have you heard about such procedure?

I believe you heard a version of "No Objection Letter' infamously known as NOC. But this is for the employee and not for their dependents.