Employment Licence

Hi All,

We (my wife and I) are looking to move to Malt as soon as our house sells and was going through the residency application form and noticed on the bottom for documentation to take to the office that an employment licence is also required.

Question is, I take it you need this before you apply for residency, so how do you go about obtaining one.

I was hoping to move to Malta(Drive from the UK), acquire accommodation then apply for residency.

Can you be refused an employment licence if you do not fall into specific categories or is it best to obtain employement first before applying for residency?

Just trying to cross the T's and dot the i's.

Many thanks in advance

Ken

this would be a work Contract or something similar.

UK Citizens (EU Even) do not need work permits

Julian.

Hi Ken,

if you hold an EU passport you do not need an employment licence (permit). You just have to register with the ETC when you take up employment.

Whether you even need that depends on which kind of residency you are applying for ( employment,economic self-sufficient and so on). You are not really applying anyway, more like declaring yourself resident and registering .

Bottom line is that you need to show that you have the financial means to support yourself, decent accomodation and health insurance.

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks Julian, Ricky. Put my mind at ease, thought it was another hoop we had to jump through ;)

Like the sticky on slave traders (employment agencies) which brings me to another question..

What would be best to do, drop my CV off at said agencies and start the proccess of looking for suitable employment or wait till I get to Malta and settle in?

Thanks

Ken

id say do both...but dont expect too much - employers here like to physically see people who put themselves out and present themselves - too many rely on posting and emailing cvs and when they hear nothing they get downhearted...

i reckon people have more success once theyre here and knocking on doors..

Hi Toonarmy,

That's exactly what I thought, I understand the interview proccess can be quite long there depending on the type of position your looking for..

BTW I've been in IT for the last 30 years so hoping to say in that domain until I retire.

Regards

Ken

Rocking Ken wrote:

BTW I've been in IT for the last 30 years

seen a few changes then...

havent we all - also in IT (retired now though - albeit early)...

Alright for some :)

Looking at the handle I take it your from the NE of England??

of course.....

Just picked up your PM and replied :)