Passport and degree certificate name mismatch

I have received offer from employer in oman for engineer post. I have got my degree certificate attested from consulate. However my name in passport and degree certificate does not match exactly.

The name on my passport is
Family Name : Rawat
Given Name : Sharad Pradeepkumar

where as name on my degree certificate is
Rawat Sharad Pradeep

I have received my express visa. My emloyer is proposing to apply for Employment visa after I reach Oman.

Please share your views on mismatch of name to issue employment visa. Anyone had faced problem previously.

Hello zee999.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello, I dont think there is a problem as long as its attested from all authorities.

Hey Can you please help by informing me whether clause of deportation requires that you pay for all the charges incurred in bringing you to Oman - is it compulsory & must to accept these terms for a qualified Civil Engineer with 22 Years experience planning to relocate to Muscat - what other clauses are mandatory to be accepted please help.

bamragurdeep wrote:

Hey Can you please help by informing me whether clause of deportation requires that you pay for all the charges incurred in bringing you to Oman - is it compulsory & must to accept these terms for a qualified Civil Engineer with 22 Years experience planning to relocate to Muscat - what other clauses are mandatory to be accepted please help.

Hi bamragurdeep,

An expatriate getting deported is bad news. The person must be a confirmed lawbreaker to be in that situation. Unless there is some proven and prohibited reason no expatriate can be deported. And, invariably those who get deported are taken to the airport by the police - handcuffed. I've seen this myself.

So the expatriate - irrespective of the qualification, number of years experience, designation, etc - would be stripped of all the benefits such as the end of service benefits, etc.

Plus, the cost involved in bringing the person into the country would get added on to the deductions. In case the expatriate does not have enough money to cover all the cost, then the person has to serve a prison sentence to compensate for the shortage of funds.

Employees are not expected to question what's put in their Employment Contract. If, for example, an employee starts disputing and debating on the contents then it becomes an issue for the company to make the changes to satisfy the candidate. More importantly it would set a bad precedent. That's why companies insist on their employment contract to be signed as is. Or, the company has enough and more candidates waiting eagerly to fill the slot.

So most companies' usual employment policy is ‘take it or leave it'.

Good luck.