Moving to Liege and having a panic!!

Hi Guys,

I've just joined the forum and I'm in full on panic mode ;)

I have just taken a last minute job offer *dream job!* and I am moving out to Liege one week today. I am really struggling to find somewhere to live. People do not seem willing to rent out their rooms for less than 6 months, and i will be on a three month contract.

Has anyone else been in this situation before? Does anyone know of anyone who is renting a room? Anything???

Really really worrying about this, I hope to meet a few of you at some point during my stay! And hopefully by that time I'll be a bit more chilled out.

Becki

Hello Becki.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You should post an advert in the Housing in Liège section. It could help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Liege a louer group on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/LiegeAlouer/

Okies gentally u can get out of longer conrtacts easily its useually a months rent etc for our 3 year contract if we brake it after a year its 2 months and the second year 3 months and 3rd year nothing

Hostel's offer Private rooms you can rent by the month, not opitimal, but I did it in Oz for 7 months...met amazing people, and don't regret it at all...
Just had a 3 year reunion with one of my roomies from there.

Hi,

I haven't been in the short term situation, but when I moved to Liege I used immoweb.be.  It has search options for housing but also links to the Belgian roommate-finding website.

Good luck!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the messages, you have been so helpful! Thankfully i managed to find a room with a family who rent rooms to students for 400E a month (all inclusive inc food!) so hopefully i will be ok. It's a month by month basis so if it doesn't work out I will be back in touch haha.

Thanks again :) x