Need help and guidance moving in 6 months

Hello Everyone,

My name is Halima. I am a Black female medical worker from the south.  I have plans to relocate to Morocco with my family in six months for work.  This is my first time moving abroad, and I am lost in this process.  I would love help and guidance on any and everything.  My husband has a teaching job he is accepting, however, I would like to find my own work and establish myself once I get settled.  My questions are:  Did you leave a home or an apartment back in the States?  How hard was it to find an apartment in Morocco?  Do the apartments come fully furnished or did you have to shop immediately after you arrived?  Did any of you purchase cars for transportation?   How do you visit with the doctor while you are there?   SOOOO many unknowns for me.  So nervous.

Thank you in advance

Halima

@Halima995

Hello and welcome on board Halima,

Till members guide you, I would suggest that you read the Living in Morocco guide for expatsto gather as much information as possible.

Normally, people tend to rent short term then find a more suitable place once there.

Regards

Bhavna

Hello sister , welcome .

Finding an appartement it's easy and not easy , depend on your knowledge and people that you know and of course the way you choose .

Buy a car i think you need an residency for that , while your husband have work here then he can apply for it .

Doctors are good here when you search for the best of course . Some higher the price and some not. You can ask about that and members will helps you to find correct need .

Feel free to ask any new questions we are here to help .