Birth Date Discrepancy in Visa Application

Birth Date Discrepancy in Visa Application

This is regarding my wife's Family Reunion Visa application.

To provide context, lets just say her officially recorded birth date is 11 December 1980, as indicated in all of her passports (both old and new), marriage certificate and various official documents. However, a discrepancy arises as her elementary school record lists her birth date as 12 December 1980. To address this inconsistency, we sought legal assistance back home and the lawyer provided a document outlining the clarification. This document was included with other required documents when we submitted the application to the German Embassy.

The German Embassy reviewed and approved all submitted documents. Then, the Ausländeramt requested additional documents, specifically the Arbeits- und Vierdienstbescheinigung and Wohnraumnachweis. After submitting these, I received an email confirmation stating:

'die Prüfung der Visa-Anträge Ihrer Familie sind abgeschlossen.'

However, they also brought attention to the birth date discrepancy and consulted the Standesamt.

Has anyone here ever encountered a similar situation dealing with a discrepancy in their documents, or do you know someone who has gone through the same thing? I'd like to understand what I should anticipate in this situation.

For unflexible buerocrats, the documents must all contain the same data. All else will create problems.

It is best to have the original document corrected (i.e. a new one without the mistake issued). Otherwise expect this kind of discussion to continue!

Finally was the visa approved??. Because my husband's visa application also has the same problem. we are looking for solutions to this problem..