Is this forum for foreigners to socialize???

hey everyone.. I am wondering is this forum suppose to help foreigners to socialize , find friends or information? or for turkish boys to leave their number for girls????  I am very disappointed that no one seriously contact me for meet up but instead I had loads of message from turkish boys leaving their number or wanting to have drinks with me!!!! I really hope some girls who wants to be friends ( no exchange language ) contact me, I dont mind if they are foreigners or turkish as long as they are looking for friends... as I am starting to feel this is a dating site!!!!!

Hi london p,

Expat.com is indeed an online community by expats, for expats.... and not a dating site.

Please do not hesitate to report any private message or user and we'll instantly intervene.

thanks,

Julien

Hi London

be honest i am not surprise that,, so many Turkish guys disturb ,one of my friend she visit Istanbul we went Hagai sofia ,grand bazzar ,taksim it was nightmare even we were together  are many guys disturbing us at that point i got it is very hard to be tourist in turkey 

but it shouldn't discourage you otherwise you cant enjoy being here and living here become harder

i guess it is dating for those people ,just ignore them

i am thinking organize an event that everyone here gather some cafe or pub as i see there are many people looking for meet local people

cheer

thank you .. get together would be great.. and Julien I did listen to your advise and report those people thank you

yeaaah

Mostafa samy > ?

he asked if this forum for foreigners to socialize

İm also a female from Australia and totally understand if you need a female friend feel free to contact me. cheers, Mel

richardbozkurt wrote:

Hi London

be honest i am not surprise that,, so many Turkish guys disturb ,one of my friend she visit Istanbul we went Hagai sofia ,grand bazzar ,taksim it was nightmare even we were together  are many guys disturbing us at that point i got it is very hard to be tourist in turkey 

but it shouldn't discourage you otherwise you cant enjoy being here and living here become harder

i guess it is dating for those people ,just ignore them

i am thinking organize an event that everyone here gather some cafe or pub as i see there are many people looking for meet local people

cheer

I totally agree with u...

If you still need a friend I'm here. I just move to Istanbul, and I would like to meet people, I'm here with my turkish boyfriend but I need friends. Feel free to contact me, we can meet whenever you want!

Hey London P.

İ feel your pain. There are a bunch of us (guys and girls) you  are welcome to join us anytime. melisinthehouse@hotmail.com

hi london p
    i am from india,just arrived to istanbul, i too need some friends.contact me if u want.

hey ill be moving to istanbul in 2 wks. im from the north east of england and i will be looking to meet expats for friendships

I also just moved to Istanul (4 days ago), I'm from Poland, if you want we can meet on the weekend or in the evening I live near to the aiport but all day I spend at work :(

Hi London P,

I moved to Istanbul a few weeks ago but only just found this forum. Looking to use it to make friends too! How have you found it so far?

Dan

Hi London p I invited you out a couple of times but you were not able to make them. If u still want to meet up with people you should try and organize things too, not just wait for others. We have a few things organized this week and next week, u r welcome to join.

hey nicky I know and thank you for letting me know last two times. unfortunately first time my boyfriend got off work late and the night after i was invited to bday..
anyway i know i shouldn't just wait for others but when i asked everyone who i met here how often you work to see when i can organize something that fits into my work schedule and theirs no one has answered...;)

I really didn't see that message??? I am always off thursdays and Fridays

Hi,

I totally understand how you feel. I also get loads of Turkish guys sending messages to me and requests for language exchange. If you're still in Turkey (I'm in Istanbul) and you need a bit of girlie shopping, coffee or a night out for chat at a pub etc. Feel free to contact me.

I'm American, been living in Istanbul for about 6 years and welcome friends.

Caterina