People are rude?

I have  a friend who is now in stanbul for  a visit..she is 20 yrs old ,she is  with his  mature divorced turkish boyfriend..
     We  communicate now by FB  daily..and  ,She was tellingme she do not like to live 
in Stanbul the  reason  people are  rude  and she  was scared..

there are more then 10 000 000 people living there. and yes, may be some of them are rude.

i agreed

hmm yes sometimes people here can be very rude. but that goes for everywhere in the world. now if shes talking about it seeming like people are rude because she is used to a different way of communication -- since shes not from here, then i understand completely. its a culture shock thing. i dont like it much either but i try to keep in mind that all cultures are different.

Turkish people are some kind of impatient. On the other hand if you compared with some other European nations you can thing that Turks are rude and impolite and not gentle in someway. the population is 75 million and at least %10 of them are educated (university). It means there are 7 million university graduated people live here. I know education not enough for being nice and gentle but it is really important thing to civilization. And I m sure millions of people who uneducated but nice and kind. So we have a number of which is bigger then the most of the country populations in the world nice and gentle people living Turkey. May be you have a bad experiences with rude people and have some story. But it doesnt mean whole Turks are rude. It doesnt make sense. By the way I m not a nationalist, nor Turks defender. I just think like this. Have a nice day to eveybody. Always be nice :)

Hi

May be i should not say "rude"...i'm just telling from my personal experience. Turkish people are not welcoming, not helpful, they are cold. May be i'm wrong, but that is the impression they give

Sorry for my broken english

Oh yes there are but it s them culture for them it s normal but for us it s not, that s all.
But you know what,  when you Will be there, you Will judge by yourself, and come back to this post, Will see who is wrong or right.

It s too bad that you met such that people who are rude, not hospitable and not helpfull. Unfortunately especially in big cities like Istanbul, Ankara Izmir people are feel that have to be defend themself to the other and always be advisedly. Just because of the cosmopolit structure of the cities. Every type of creatures are living togather. So people have to be careful. My mum always tell me not to speak someone stranger and dont accept anything from them until know them. This is the first rule of the traditional Turkish family. This may be the reason of not to be helpfull. But being rude is different thing. If you spend enough time with them and explain yourself clearly, they will change their behaviour. Ironically in small villages, country people are so hospitable and helpfull to the stanger especially foreign. Just knock the someones door, after then immidiately they take you in and feed you until you explode, share everything they have with you. You can stay their place without any pay as long as you want. Even this can be disturbed someone who dont now this kind of culture. Come over here and try all of this by yourself :)

are you sure ??

I dont agree with YasmineParis.

Hi Aqu

There are good and bad people everywhere in the world... well, there's more bad in Istanbul :D
seriously, thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view and I hope to have the chance to meet good people in Turkey :)

From my experience , I spent 2 weeks in Istanbul, people seemed nice, welcoming, I did not confront rude people.
You can't judge someone from his/her nationality, but good/bad people are everywhere.

I think you guys are agreed on Bad and Good people are everywhere. This is the result of this dialogue. Happy ending :)

i would agree that once I had confirmed ;)

your opinion is perfect

here we go again :)

Well..in these part of the world we ve göod and bad people.but that of rude,i found out that mostly muslim turkish are decietful,sorry to say these.but they are not helpful ones they dont know you well..but they are good ones out there.and istanbul is full of foreigners.mostly have no jobs and they are not happy so they can be rude to you.but all in all.i dont racist on people culture or behaviour.Tesekkur ederim

I  definitely agree with you.im moving to Istanbul soon and i find people very friendly and polite ...maybe becouse i live in Sicily whee people are really very rude:)

:thanks:

mesabri wrote:

I  definitely agree with you.im moving to Istanbul soon and i find people very friendly and polite ...maybe becouse i live in Sicily whee people are really very rude:)

LOL

hmmm...may be :rolleyes:

everywhere is the same

Hey klenci !

you have started this thread...any comment ? :D

sezer wrote:

[moderated]

it s not true saying. nobody can judge any nation. nations are have goods and bads thats all.

Aqu wrote:

...nobody can judge any nation. nations are have goods and bads thats all.

Happy Ending :)

culture, goods and bads of people, traditions are change in every countries. however ladies are always same in every nations :) our discussion is being nice guys come on calm down please :D

Aqu wrote:

...ladies are always same in every nations :)

So true !! :D:D

Don't worry, we're just laughing :)

Keep smiling, the world will smile with you! ;)

agree with you :top:

BlueJays wrote:

Guys please stop talking about this silly subject! if those who think here in Turkey people are rude, you don't need to come here and please stay with your super kind people in your country :) and never forget to respect others who think opposite ;)

have a great day!

A forum is a virtual public space for the exchange of opinions on a given topic ... participate means accepting criticism, quality that is not given to everyone unfortunately :)

BlueJays wrote:

... Do you know how terrible putting all people in the same box is? here in this topic some people did that that's why I said stop talking about that...

Yes u are right and yes i know how terrible it is but if u read responses, some guys had a good and positive  reaction ( here's what means open-minded ) that can makes change opinions, that's the purpose of a forum " to move forward"

Also, sometimes it's nice to not taking things too seriously and having a little humour :)

BlueJays wrote:

...so I am saying again if my country makes you feel so scary, please stay in your great one ...

Fortunately you are not Mr President of the Republic of Turkey :D:P

(Joking!!!!)

Ohh!! look where this conversation came into ! :p

result : bluejay is not president, girls are angry except may bee22 :)

You've got it ! :D:D

Hi everyone,

a couple of inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread and please, please avoid generalizations, as this goes against our policy.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

mustafanazif wrote:

aslında arkadaş bir bakıma haklı...
biraz az gelişmişliğimiz var ülke halkı olarak
herşeye bunu kabul ederek başlamak lazım

Does anyone can translate please? :unsure

mustafanazif wrote:

... hope we are all meeting good ppl in real life"...

I hope so too :)

Thanks for translation :)

if people are rude with change the country its simple

Well, the taxi drivers is not the good guys here in Istanbul. They really try every way to drive you an extra mile to get more money. They ask "E5 or TEM" and ig you don't know then you are a the "dollar sign" for the driver haha :) today I said Sahil yolu and he should turned to left to take the short way but he kept forward and we went around the place and took the long way in. All that for 10 lira extra.

But overall Istanbul is nice, really nice.

I meet one nice guy last month. He show me how to buy Train Bus ticket in Istanbul.

it depends..

Finally i think that they are not rude in contrary...
They are " Cold "... And honestly, comparing with other people that are warm but liars; i don't think it's bad