POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE - NOT ACCEPTED

Hi again. EDB is not accepting our Police clearance from SA as they are older than 6 months. They are also not accepting just our UK Police Clearance. We are South Africans living in UK for past 2.5 years and have never returned to SA (so no crime could have been committed), but they want a new Police Clearance from SA. Effectively this means us having to travel to SA for 6-12 weeks (this is how long they take in SA) just to get the certificate, so it is going to be a very expensive certificate with no changes on it.  Question:  Do Police Stations in MAU have the means to be able to take finger prints?   If they do, we can get the form from SA and have our finger prints done in MAU and sent to SA and returned to us in MAU.  Please advise if finger prints are available in MaU.

@traciwoodley Hi TracyCheck out a company called Visa Logistics visalogistics.co.za They are a Capetown based company that deal with all things visa and police clearance related. I used them to get a police clearance for Australia and the service takes about a week (5-7 business days) expedited. They will also inform you on what to do and how to obtain the fingerprints from your location so they can be sent to them and then the police and once cleared the certificate sent back to you. Hope this helps.

I used Visa Logistics, their service is good and quicker than some of their competitors that I have used before.

You can also visit the SA consulate in Port Louis and request an SA police clearance certificate, it will take a bit longer.

@Linnny Thanks. Our problem is trying to get Fingerprints done in Mauritius, then we will have a company. like VisaBox to  expedite them for us.

Do you know if we can have fingerprints done in Mauritius as in the UK it is a total pain with long waiting lists and costs ALOT of money as well. I hope you can guide me on the finger prints.  Many thanks

@Expat Ash Thanks so very much for this info, Do they do Finger Prints at Mauritius Police stations at all.  Many thanka

@traciwoodley I went to the police station in Grand Baie, they allowed me to use their ink plate and take the finger prints myself. I used a sample from Visa Logistics to make sure I did what was expected.

Finger prints? I am from the Netherlands and when I ask my police report at the local municipality of my home town, there will be no fingerprints taken. Police stations do not take fingerprints only when you are convicted.

Are they absolutely necessary as document for the visa process?

@oshudofsky Yes, they are. They (EDB) are not accepting our old Police Clearance from South Africa where you do have fingerprints take to get a Police Clearance.  I have now a local Lady that is helping us very well with this problem and hope to have it resolved quickly now.  Thanks for your feedback.

Not every country requires finger prints to issue a police clearance certificate. For example South Africa does but Dubai does not.

@traciwoodley I also require fingerprints to be donein MAU for PCC from South Africa.  COuld you kindly provide me with the details of the person wo is assisting you in mauritius to do this?  I woud indeed be extremely grateful.

Many thaks

Dianna

@DiannaR I sent you a message, please take a look at your messages if you still need help.

@traciwoodley I require fingerprints to be done in MAU for PCC from SA. Do you have the name and contact details of a person that can assist me with this?

many thanks

Dowan

@Expat Ash can you please assist with where I can get finger prints taken in Mauritius for the SA PCC?

@Sidd T I have sent you a personal message.

@traciwoodley you can visit SA embassy in Mauritius you'll get it. Generally in Mauritius PCC valid for 3 months .

In case from UK, you can go in high commission UK.

Based on your passport they'll make it , it'll take more than month .

You can apply pcc in Mauritius also here it'll take more than 1 month.

In Mauritius no finger print required.  I don't know about south Africa.

It's depends upon passport stamping country you visited they want to check, all cleared otherwise in future problem for country if any criminal reside in country.

In port Louis embassy is there you can see there