Social Work and Healthcare in Malta

Hello,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out more about social work/welfare systems and healthcare jobs in Malta?

In particular - are qualified Social Workers in demand in Malta and Gozo?

With this skill set, are there other qualified or official roles that are in demand?

In order to secure entry to work in Malta, would I need to have a job or sponsor organisation for a guaranteed period so that I could come and work?

Are there employment agencies that could match me up with these types of opportunity/placement?

Many thanks, I am very new to this and trying to find out information to see if my dreams are realistic and how I might go about making them a reality!

Laura

@snakemed When moving to Malta all you hear how expensive is the rent. True.

But when you look at Gozo with a bit of luck you could find a reasonably decent apartments (i.e. in Marsalforn or Zebbug) starting from 300euros a month. There is a nice hospital in Victoria plus other opportunities I am sure.

Gozol

Good luck!

@snakemed When moving to Malta all you hear how expensive is the rent. True.
But when you look at Gozo with a bit of luck you could find a reasonably decent apartments (i.e. in Marsalforn or Zebbug) starting from 300euros a month. There is a nice hospital in Victoria plus other opportunities I am sure.
Gozol
Good luck!
-@Aranka Kardos

You won't get anywhere nice for 300 a month.

Hi.

There are currently vacancies for Social Workers and Social Support Workers.

Please check this link for the requirements.

https://fsws.gov.mt/en/Pages/Vacancies/vacancies.aspx

Candidates must be able to communicate in both Maltese and English.